MSHMS Admission - Vancouver
Candidates for admission to the Master of Science in Hospitality Management studies degree program could be managers, business owners or educators or hold other professional positions related to the hospitality industry. The credentials required for admission as a matriculated student include the following:
- Graduated from an accredited 4-year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent.
- Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (“B-“) or equivalent in their undergraduate studies.
- Demonstrated proficiency, both written and verbal of the English Language (for international students whose first language is not English or who did not complete their degrees in US or Canada).
- Industry work experience preferred (applicants without industry work experience may be required to take foundation courses HRTM 6100 and HRTM 6200 upon evaluation).
Fall Term: August 1
Spring Term: December 1
Summer Term: April 1
Copies of the documents must be submitted together with the on-line application.
Attested or official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all post-secondary institutions, universities and/or professional schools. If the documents are not in English, certified translation is required.
- Two (2) recommendation letters. It is advised that one letter is academic.
Answers to 3 essay questions outlining your personal interests and career goals. You will add these answers when filling out the online application form.
- Question 1 How do you think this Graduate Degree can help you achieve your career goals? (400 or more words)
- Question 2 Please describe your greatest achievement. (up to 200 words)
- Question 3 What motivates and inspires you? (up to 200 words)
- FDU uses the answers to these questions to evaluate if you are the right fit for the program. We also use it to evaluate your writing skills. Please write a genuine response to each of the question.
- Proof of English Proficiency if your first language is not English or you did not complete your degree in US or Canada. For more details please refer to English Proficiency page
- Copy of information page in your valid passport.
- Resume or portfolio
- Interview with a graduate program adviser may be required.
Admission to the MSHMS program is competitive and is based on the “rolling” admission model.
Applications are evaluated by both Admissions team and the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
An interview with the Program Advisor may be required before the decision on admission can be made. Admissions team will notify applicants and schedule the interview if needed.