Weather Closing Information
On Wednesday, February 13 both New Jersey campuses as well as the Vancouver Campus are open. All classes and activities will proceed as scheduled.
On Tuesday, February 12 both New Jersey campuses were closed due to the weather. All on-campus day and evening classes and activities were canceled. Fully online classes proceeded as scheduled.
Classes at the Vancouver Campus were also cancelled for Tuesday, February 12, due to the weather, and will be rescheduled.
Especially during winter storms, safety may require closing of FDU campuses for a day or portion of a day. Every effort will be made to have morning closing information available before 6 AM. The resources on this page will also be activated for other situations where one or both New Jersey campuses may have altered schedules: local power outages, emergencies, or even a visit from a dignitary or celebrity. To find out whether the University is open / closed / delayed-opening / early-dismissal:
Receive Notification from FDU Alert System
- voice messages to any number(s) you specify: your cell phone, your family at home or work, etc.
- text messages to the smartphone numbers that you list
- email messages to the email address that you list
Sign up or update your profile online at the FDU Alert Status web page.
Make a Phone Call
- Call a number below to receive campus-specific information.
- Switchboard: 973-443-8500
- 411 Information: 973-443-8100 and enter 411#
- Recorded Message: 973-443-8000
- Switchboard: 201-692-2000
- 411 Information: 201-692-7600 and enter 411#
- Recorded Message: 201-692-7000
- Call a faculty-member's individual number to receive specific information on your classes. Find faculty phone numbers in the online Directory. A link to the directory is also at the top of most web pages.
Visit the www.fdu.edu website home page
- A red banner will indicate any delayed opening or closing information.
- The Read More button will link to this page for additional information.
Follow FDU Social Media
Faculty are encouraged to put messages on their voice mail and inform students in their classes to call that extension for information specific to that class.
Florham Campus Area
JCPL Outages (power company)
Metropolitan Campus Area
PSEG Outages (power company)