Cable TV - Florham Residence Halls
There is a cable outlet provided in each residence hall room and/or suite. It is active immediately upon your arrival. You do not need to request that the service be activated or deactivated. To access the system, students must have TVs that are 256QAM (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) capable. Most TV’s manufactured after 2008 and all after 2010 should be capable of meeting this standard and able to pick up all the digital channels. You should verify the specifications when you purchase your TV; it must be 256QAM capable.
How To Setup Your TV
- Make sure your TV is plugged into a working electrically outlet.
- Connect one end of you RF cable to the rooms CATV wall jack.
- Connect the other end to your TV’s RF or VHF in jack.
- Perform a channel scan on your TV to ensure you are viewing all the available channels.
The specific details on how to auto program or auto tune your TV will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model. It is best to refer to the owner’s manual of your TV. Most TVs will take between 20-45 minutes to complete this function.
Using the TVs remote control follow these steps as closely as possible:
- Press the “Power” button to turn on the TV
- Press the “Menu” Button
- Select “Set-Up”
- Select “Antenna” then “Cable”
- Select “Auto Program/Auto Tune/Channel scan” then “OK”
Cable Channel Listing
Download listing of current cable channels available in all residence hall rooms and suites.
To report a cable service issue, residents must contact the UTAC (University Technical Assistance Center) Help Desk via one of the following methods:
- By calling (973) 443-UTAC (University Technical Assistance Center) or (973) 443-8822.
- By email at FDUTAC@fdu.edu
Office of Campus Life