Shawn K. McCloud
- B.S., Hotel and Restaurant Management
- B.A., Individualized Studies, Business and Technology
- B.A., Individualized Studies, Hospitality Management
- M.S., Hospitality Management Studies
Professor Shawn K. McCloud joined Fairleigh Dickinson University’s International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management’s full time faculty in 2014 and he also oversees the hospitality program at the Mercer County location. He has more than two decades of extensive financial, marketing, and operations experiences in the casino gaming and hospitality industry.
Professor McCloud has held various analytical roles throughout his career and his collective experiences span through all facets of gaming resort operations – covering all casino gaming, marketing, food & beverage, hotel/rooms, and all other general and administrative areas of organization. His active involvement in operations has been performed at all levels – from front-line to executive/corporate levels – which gives him comprehensive knowledge, and a thorough understanding, of the full-circle of casino gaming and hospitality industry operations.
Over the last two decades Professor McCloud has held the position of Senior Vice President of Analysis with Spectrum Gaming; Vice President of Strategic Planning and Analysis with The Cordish Company / Gomes+Cordish Gaming Management; Executive Director of Financial & Marketing Analysis with Tropicana Casino and Resort in Atlantic City; and also a variety of finance related and analytical roles with both the Tropicana and Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.
Professor McCloud holds a Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA) which is jointly offered by the American Hotel & Lodging Institute (AHLEI) and Smith Travel Research (STR) providing recognition of thorough industry knowledge of the foundational metrics, definitions, formulas, and methodologies used by the hotel industry. Additionally, Professor McCloud is certified and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Education to serve as a School Business Administrator (i.e., CFO of a public school system).
Professor McCloud completed his graduate studies at the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University earning an MS in Hospitality Management Studies and he holds a BA in Economics from The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey. Jersey. Professor McCloud is continuing with his studies and is currently pursuing a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree.
Professor McCloud resides in southern New Jersey with his wife and two daughters.
- M.S., Hospitality Management Studies; Fairleigh Dickinson University
- B.A., Economics; Richard Stockton College of NJ
- HRTM 2210 - Sales and Marketing for Hospitality Managers
- HRTM 2211 - Accounting for Hospitality Managers
- HRTM 2250 - Casino Management
- HRTM 3208 - Financial Management for the Hospitality Industry
- HRTM 3230 – Overview of Casino Operations
- HRTM 4204 – Property Management
- HRTM 7713 – Managing Financial Systems for the Hospitality Industry
- HRTM 7752 - Research Methodology II