Undergraduate Scholarships and Grants Summary
Merit Scholarship Opportunities
$10,000 to $32,000
Merit scholarship awards are annually renewable for a total of four years for full-time students who maintain the required GPA. Scholarship awards are based on a 4.0 scale.
Combined Degree Advantage
- Awarded to qualifying students enrolled in one of FDU's 4+1 (4 plus 1) combined bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Provides scholarship support for graduate study in the student's fifth year. Details can be found at fdu.edu/advantage.
Need-Based Financial Aid
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required. The form is available beginning October 1.
Need Grant: Up to $25,000 each year
- Be sure to include FDU's appropriate campus code when
completing the FAFSA:
- Florham 004738
- Metropolitan 002607
Scholarship awards for students transferring to Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Phi Theta Kappa: $22,000 each year
- Recognizes transfer students who are Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) members; renewable for two years.
- Verification of PTK membership is required.
- Candidates must have earned an associate degree.
- Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Transfer: $18,000 to $20,000 each year
- Recognizes transfer students who have completed at least 24 transferable college credits.
- Awards are renewable.
Additional Grant Opportunities
Grants and athletic scholarships can be combined with academic scholarships.
Children of Alumni Grant: $1,500 each year
- Awarded to undergraduate children of FDU alumni.
FDU Family Grant: $1,500 each year
- Families with two or more dependent children enrolled simultaneously at FDU receive a Family Grant for each student.
Athletic Scholarship: Amount varies
- Rewards athletic abilities of students participating in NCAA Division I sports at FDU's Metropolitan campus.
We are here to help.
For any questions about our scholarship and financial aid programs at FDU, please contact:
- Florham Campus, Office of Admissions,
- Florham Campus Office of Financial Aid,
- Metropolitan Campus Office of Admissions,
- Metropolitan Campus Office of Financial Aid,
College is the most important investment you'll ever make. At Fairleigh Dickinson, we work closely with you and your family to make our quality private education an affordable investment.
The number of freshman receiving some form of scholarship and financial aid.
Apply for admission by January 15 to be automatically considered for our best range of scholarship opportunities. No separate scholarship application is needed.
The average financial aid package at FDU, including scholarships, grants and student loans.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN FDU ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP OR GRANT:
We urge incoming students and their families to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than February 15 for maximum consideration for need-based grants.
Be sure to include FDU's appropriate campus code when filing the FAFSA:
- Florham Campus 004738
- Metropolitan Campus 002607
You can file the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!
For any questions you might have about our scholarship and financial aid programs at FDU, please contact us at:
Office of University Admissions
We also offer annual workshops on financial aid for families. Check Upcoming Admissions Events for details on upcoming programs.