Transfer Credit Evaluation

How do I receive transfer credit?

1.      Apply to FDU.

2.      If you studied at a non-U.S. university, obtain a WES evaluation. Allow 3-4 weeks for processing.

3.      Your university must submit your official transcript with an English translation (if applicable) to our office.

For students who have IB higher level exams, British A-levels, or AP exams: a WES evaluation is NOT required. Please submit all official exam results to our office as soon as you are able to.


How do I apply for a WES evaluation?

  1. Visit 

  2. Select "For Students"

  3. Select “Order a Credential Evaluation”

  4. Select your country on the drop-down menu

  5. Select "Apply Now" under "For use in the U.S."

  6. "Create an Account" as instructed

  7. Select your county - check what documents you must send

    1. Enter your educational information

    2. Provide your post-secondary information (do not include your high school documents)

    3. Go to the next screen

  8. Enter "Purpose – to continue my education"

    1. Select "Comprehensive Course by Course Evaluation" (You are responsible for the $160 evaluation fee)

    2. Select "Add Recipient"

  9. Select "Educational Institution"

  10. Enter “Fairleigh” and search

  11. Select "Fairleigh Dickinson University NJ"

  12. Select "Teaneck-Hackensack Campus- Office of International Admissions" department

  13. Check the turnaround time  (7-day service should be sufficient; send by regular mail)

  14. Choose your payment method, and you're all set!

How will I know which credits will transfer?

  • Transfer credits are at the academic departments' discretion and are not guaranteed.

  • The course must be comparable in content and depth to a similar course at FDU. Generally, you must have obtained a “C”/(2.0) or better in all eligible classes.

    For transfer applicants with an Associate's Degree: “C-“or “D” grades may be considered as a "Free Elective"  (not academic credit, major course, or general education course).

  • Your previous GPA does not transfer.

Contact Information

  • Office Address:
    The Office of International Admissions
    1000 River Rd., T-KB1-01
    Teaneck, NJ 07666
  • E-mail: 


Applicants from a foreign university:

  • Fall (August) semester:July 1
  • Spring (January) semester:December 1
  • Summer semester (limited programs):  May 1

Applicants from a U.S. university:

  • Fall (August) semester: August 1
  • Spring (January) semester:January 1
  • Summer semester (limited programs): May 1

    Admissions are rolling. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your application.

    Deadlines may vary according to program. Please check your desired major's department website for more details.