International Applicant Checklist: Graduate
Admission and English Proficiency
Note: Individual programs may have requirements that differ from below. This may include submission of additional test scores, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, a resume, etc. Please check your program requirements at Academics.
Required Documents for Admission
- Complete online international application. See Apply Now.
- Copy of attested or official transcripts, marksheets,academic records, diplomas, certificates or degrees received from all post-secondary, university or professional schools. Students from India: Please note that we do not accept consolidated marksheets. Individual marksheets showing all attempts, failures and retakes are required.
Proof of English Proficiency (see English Proficiency)
A copy of scores from a test of English proficiency is required for some, but not all, international applicants. See above website
for more information. Score reports from one of the following exams are accepted:
- TOEFL, IELTS, Pearsons PTE-A or GTEC.
Student Visa Applicant Checklist
- Copy of information page in your valid passport. If currently in the U.S., submit a copy of the U.S. visa and current I-20, if applicable.
- Completed Affidavit of Financial Support form.
Official bank statement in the name of the sponsor indicated on the Affidavit of Financial Support. Statement must be dated within the last six (6) months and must indicate the exact account balance. Solvency certificates, salary statements and chartered accountant statements are not accepted.
- A scholarship or government sponsorship award letter in your name. Enclose a signed letter or affidavit of support giving full details regarding the promise of support and state the specific amount of money in U.S. dollars.
Enrolling Student Document Checklist
- Admitted students who plan to attend FDU must submit official test scores directly to FDU from the testing agency and send official academic records in sealed envelopes before arrival on campus.
- An official course-by-course evaluation of all coursework completed outside the United States, issued by an evaluation service listed on NACES.org (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).
Please mail official documents to:
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Office of International Admissions
1000 River Road, T-KB1-01
Teaneck, NJ 07666 USA