Apply for Graduate Admission
USA Graduate Applicants Applying Online
Instructions on this page are for U.S. applicants for graduate studies. See links below for applications for international applicants and for applications to FDU's Vancouver Campus in Canada.
Applying for Summer 2019
Applying for Fall 2019 and Beyond
USA Graduate Applicants Applying by Mail or Fax
- Print and read through the Graduate Application Instructions (PDF).
- Download, complete and submit the Graduate Application writable PDF. If applicable, please use the below forms:
For questions or more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or call 800-338-8803.
Readmission and Visiting Students
Readmission and visiting students must complete and submit the appropriate application form below.
- The Application for Readmission (PDF) form is for matriculated students who interrupt their studies for one or more semesters, without requesting a leave of absence in writing. No application fee is required. Readmitted students will be governed by the Graduate Studies Bulletin for the academic year of readmission and will be subject to the current admission requirements.
- The Visiting College Student Application (PDF) form is for students enrolled at another college or university and, with permission from their current university, plan to take classes at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Some of our graduate degrees require a customized application form. Application instructions and forms for these degrees are available below:
- Executive MBA in General Management
- Executive MBA in Health Sector Management
- Master of Administrative Science (M.A.S.)
- M.A. in Student Services Administration (M.A.S.S.A.)
- M.S. in Clinical Psychopharmacology
- M.S. in Cyber and Homeland Security (MSCHSA)
- Master of Sports Administration (MSA)
- M.S. in Taxation
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Psy.D. in School Psychology
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice
- International graduate applicants applying to the Florham or Metro Campus in NJ
- Vancouver Campus graduate applicants
Supporting Information for Graduate Admissions
If you need assistance in determining the admissions status appropriate for you (e.g., matriculant, non-matriculant, non-degree or auditor), please refer to the Graduate Admissions Status page or call the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus (See the Campus Information chart below.)
Applicants are responsible for submitting official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. Note: An official transcript is one which has been signed by the registrar, carries the school seal and has been sent directly from the school to the Graduate Admissions Office. All credentials become the property of the University and cannot be returned to the applicant. Foreign educational credentials must be submitted with a certified English translation and may require evaluation by a University approved agency.
Graduate Entrance Examinations
Required entrance examinations should be taken far enough in advance of your anticipated enrollment date so that the scores can be received and evaluated prior to the beginning of the semester. Official test scores for all entrance examinations must be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus. Please be sure to use the correct campus code number (See Campus Information below.) You may consult the Graduate Studies Bulletin to determine which tests are required for your intended program of study. Information on the various examination programs can be obtained from the Graduate Admissions Office (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL), the School of Education (PRAXIS), and the Center for Psychological Services (MAT) or by calling, faxing or writing the appropriate testing service.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation are required for most graduate degree programs. Please check the requirements specific to your intended field of study in the Graduate Studies Bulletin. Send all letters of recommendation to the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus (See the Campus Information chart below.)
Personal interviews are not generally required but may be requested as part of the admissions process. Students must check the specific admissions requirements for the program in which they are interested.
Students Whose Native Language is not English
All applicants whose native language is not English, and have not earned a degree at an English-speaking college or university, are required to sit for the TOEFL or IELTS Examination. The minimum required TOEFL score is 550 for the paper-based test, 213 for the computer-based test and 79 on the Internet-based test. The ELS Language Center Certificate of completion of the Intensive English Language Program (Level 112) is accepted in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS. If you require English Language proficiency training, please visit the ELS website at www.els.com or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Scholarships, Grants, Assistantships, Fellowships, and Internships
Graduate scholarships, grants, assistantships, fellowships and internships are available, and are awarded to part-time and full-time graduate students on a competitive basis. Please contact the appropriate academic school or department for details.
Financial Assistance and Payment Plans
A variety of student loan programs are available for graduate students who are attending the University on a matriculating or non-matriculating basis. For information, please call the Office of Financial Aid. The University also participates in corporate reimbursement programs and offers a deferred payment plan for students whose companies reimburse them for their educational expenses. Installment payment plans are also available to assist graduate students in meeting their educational expenses. For information, please call the Office of Enrollment Services.
|Florham Campus||Metropolitan Campus and All Off-Campus Sites|
|Graduate Admissions Office||
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University
|Office of Financial Aid||973-443-8700||201-692-2363|
|Office of Enrollment Services||973-443-8600||201-692-2214|
|GRE, TOEFL & PRAXIS campus code||2262||2263|
|GMAT-MBA campus code||J6X-HG-66||J6X-HG-66|
|GMAT-MS Accounting campus code||J6X-HG-50||J6X-HG-50|
|GMAT-MS Supply Chain Management campus code||J6x-HG-78||J6X-HG-78|
GMAT-MS Tax campus code
|MAT campus code||2336||1394|