Master of Science in Taxation
Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) takes pride in having one of the oldest and largest Masters of Science in Taxation (MST) in the state. The MST offered through the Silberman College of Business is designed to meet the growing educational and training needs of area professionals.
Silberman College of Business is fully accredited by the AACSB International. This prestigious seal of academic approval is attained by only 5% of all business schools globally.
Specialized Focus on Taxation
The MS in Taxation program is highly focused and practice-oriented. In scope, it is much more specific than the traditional course of study pursued in an MBA program with a concentration in tax. The MST is dedicated exclusively to the study of taxation.
The program was designed to provide you with both the practical knowledge and technical expertise needed to succeed as a tax professional. The program is ideal for practicing accountants and attorneys, financial planners, recent accounting graduates, and non-accountants wishing to enter the field of taxation. Both entry level and experienced professionals will benefit in the program.
Emphasis is placed on technical competence in practical applications of current tax law as well as research and planning. Students in the program are exposed to all areas of taxation, including partnerships, corporate, international, trusts, compensation, and estate taxation. Courses not only cover the basics of taxation, but also advanced subject matter and procedural areas of tax law.
Many Good Reasons to Join this Program
- Designed to meet the educational and training needs of tax professionals.
- Provides both practical knowledge and technical expertise.
- Benefits both entry level and experienced professionals.
- GMAT may be waived for CPA, EA, CMA, CFP, JD, and MBA AACSB accredited schools and/or based on substantial work experience in tax, accounting, or financial planning.
- University Provost Scholarships available for qualified students.
- Faculty with outstanding academic credentials and strong professional backgrounds.
- No classes during peak tax season. Some classes held Saturdays and in summers.
- Important electives such as ASC 740, International Tax, S Corp, Financial Products, and others.
- Graduates employed at the Big 4, mid-sized regional firms, small firms, IRS, and corporate tax departments.
The MS in Taxation Program and CPA Certification
Credits in the MST program may qualify towards the 150-semester hours of education requirement for obtaining the CPA certification. Details on what will quality may vary from state to state according to rules of each state accounting board.
MS in Taxation Courses for CPE Credits in NJ
Alumni of the program may take courses to enhance their expertise in specific areas or to meet Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements. See the CPE Credits for NJ CPAs page for more information.