FDU Honors Academy
Students in the FDU Honors Academy join an exclusive cohort of motivated students from a wide variety of disciplines. Together, you will work closely to explore and address common problems and critical global issues such as sustainability, human rights, and the impact of technology on modern life.
You will benefit from a rigorous, unique curriculum that will shape the way you view complex issues through applied research opportunities, creative projects, or partnerships with faculty and industry professionals. A select network of professors, administrators, advisors and accomplished professionals — who are all invested in your success — will provide you with personalized guidance throughout your journey at FDU.
Features of the Honors Academy experience include
- Experiential and service learning in special seminars that count toward your degree
- Conducting research or pursuing a creative project with a faculty mentor and exploring a discipline-specific issue with a professional partner in the metropolitan area
- Community and networking with peers, faculty, distinguished guests, and other mentors
- Opportunities to take advantage of NYC metro area professional and cultural offerings
In addition to your FDU Application for Admission, incoming freshmen must:
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of a 3.75 (out of 4.0)
- Have test scores of either
- SAT score of 1360 combined Math plus Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (not superscore)
- ACT score of 29 (not superscore)
- Live on campus
- Complete an Honors Academy Application
- A demonstrated desire to deeply engage in projects that transcend traditional areas of study