Camp Discovery Chaperone Guidelines
Chaperones will be paired with their child and a maximum of two additional children. If you have more than one child in camp – please be clear which child you would like to be paired with. If your children are more than one grade level apart we recommend that you choose one child to chaperone so the children can visit age appropriate attractions.
- You will be contacted a few days before each trip to confirm arrangements.
- Chaperones must ride the camp bus with the group to and from the event. Additional family members or friends cannot attend with the camp. We can only take one chaperone per family on the Broadway trip because of the high demand. Additional chaperones can be waitlisted and will be contacted a few days before the show if there are extra tickets.
- Please call the main office (201-692-6500) at least five days before the trip if you need to cancel. If an emergency arises on the trip day, call the summer camp office by 8 a.m. so we can arrange coverage for your group.
- Look for newsletters at camp a few days before the trip for trip departure times.
- Please be aware that some trips are physically demanding. Make sure that you are able to walk around the parks and monitor up to three children at a time in busy/noisy environments.
On the day of the trip…
- Please arrive 30 minutes before departure time. A director will have an envelope for you with the names of the children you will be chaperoning and other important information.
- Check paperwork for return times. Please be on time to the busses at the end of the trip.
- Safety is our highest concern on our field trips. By agreeing to chaperone you agree to stay with your group of children at all times. We recommend pairing up with another parent or staff member to help coverage for bathroom breaks etc.
- We do not make bus or chaperone changes on the day of the trip. Last minute changes can lead to confusion and delays which can compromise safety. You can join with another group at the event if your child wants to be with a friend that is not in your group.