Executive Leadership Program for Public Safety Personnel
This program is designed to develop effective, ethical, and technically competent law enforcement/public safety managers with the necessary skills for leadership and command positions in their respective agencies.
Location: Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Metropolitan Campus (Hackensack side), Continuing Education Suite 1134, Dickinson Hall, 140 University Plaza Drive, Hackensack
This program is conducted over 10 weeks, one day per week, on Thursday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with a one-hour lunch break from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and two 15-minute breaks.
- Executive Leadership & Management and Organizational Culture
- Civil Liability/Risk Management Internal Affairs/Whistle-Blowing and Professional Ethics
- Interpersonal and Organizational Communication and Relational and Collaborative Leadership
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making Analysis
- Labor-Management Relations/Legal Aspects of Discipline/Legal Aspects in Selection and Promotion/Managing Troubled Employees and Mental Health Issues and Police Personnel/Critical Incident Stress
- Planning and Policy Development, Budget Preparation and Management
- Policing Diverse Communities with Cultural Sensitivity and Police Resource Allocation and Deployment
- Managing Organizational Change/Group Dynamics and Motivation/Organizational Behavior
- Public Presentations & Media Strategies and Relations and Crime Fighting Strategies/ CompStat/Intelligence-Led Policing
- Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Strategies and Terrorism Issues and Awareness
Fall 2019 - Hackensack
September 19 through November 21, 2019
September 19, 26
October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
November 7, 14, 21
Program offered by Fairleigh Dickinson University's Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies.
Fees and Registration
The cost of this program is $1,500 per student.
Limited seating, so register early.
To register, contact Maureen Farrell.