Project Management Bootcamp for IT Projects
In today’s globally competitive landscape, the successful execution of IT projects is critical to the performance of a business. Whether you’re executing an internal IT project or delivering a product to a client, good project management practices are truly mission critical.
Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Project Management Bootcamp for IT Professionals will equip you with the tools you need to compete in this fast-paced industry.
This one-day, 6-hour bootcamp includes:
- A discussion of the five phases of project management and their importance
- Roles and responsibilities in a project management plan
- The Triple Constraints concept and its importance for project success
- The difference between deliverables and requirements in a plan and the importance of meeting milestones
- How to manage Change Control especially in dealing with Scope Creep
- The importance of communications and team networking during all phases of the project
- The three most important elements of a project status report
- The three elements of project close-out
About the Instructor
Art Johnston, PMP
Art Johnston is a seasoned IT Executive with a wealth of experience in managing complex technology projects. As part of his impressive portfolio, Art was a CIO for an aerospace and nuclear distribution company for over 12 years, worked as a senior manager in systems integration for SONY and Ernst & Young and was also a senior project manager for Hitachi Consulting. Art also has a master’s degree in Computer Science and has held a PMP Certification since 2012.