2019-2020 Season at the Barn Theater
The Barn Theater seeks to develop contemporary plays in a vibrant and intimate setting that invites experimentation. Our mission is to give our student actors and crew an opportunity to work with professional playwrights, originate roles, and develop new work, adding their voices to the artistic dialogue.
$5 Students, FDU Community and Alumni
$10 Seniors (65+)
$15 General Admission
- To reserve tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with number and type of tickets, your preferred show date and time, and a contact phone number.
- Tickets for reserved seating can be picked up in the lobby when you arrive for the performance.
- Payment is due upon arrival. Cash only please.
The newly renovated Barn Theater is adjacent to the Public Safety Office on Florham Campus.
285 Madison Avenue, Madison, NJ 07940
Dog Sees God by Bert V. Royal
Fairleigh Dramatics, FDU School of the Arts’ Student Theater Organization presents Dog Sees God featuring the kids you know and love from the Peanuts comic strip...Of course, much has changed since they were kicking footballs around Hennepin County, MN. In this dark comedy, the characters are older, wiser, and more impulsive! Charlie Brown now goes by CB, and we meet him just as his beloved dog, Snoopy, dies of rabies. We follow him as he questions the meaning of life and navigates adolescence with his pals. Have you ever thought about what Pig Pen would be like as a teenager? Here’s your chance to find out!
Fairleigh Dramatics productions are directed, acted, designed, and produced by FDU Students.
- Friday, November 22 at 8 PM
- Saturday, November 23 at 8 PM
- Sunday, November 24 at 2:30 PM
- Monday, November 25 at 8 PM
The Agency by Lia Romero
The Barn Theater at FDU School of the Arts presents its second commissioned play, The Agency, a comedy by Lia Romeo. The Agency tells the story of a temp agency that supplies its clients with fake family members and loved ones. It;s the perfect temp job for a recent college grad, but what happens when the lines between reality and the job begin to blur? And what if your client happens to be a famous pop star and you're hired to play his girlfriend? Tensions rise in this ambitious world where everyone is replaceable and everything is for sale — if you're willing to pay! Lia Romeo's play Reality, which won the Hot City Theater New Play Contest, had its first college production in the Barn Theater in 2016.
- Friday February 28 at 1 PM (preview matinee and talkback)
- Friday, February 28 at 7 PM (tentative date for reception with the playwright)
- Saturday, February 29 at 2:30 PM
- Saturday, February 29 at 8 PM
- Sunday, March 2 at 2:30 PM (understudy performance)
- Sunday, March 1 at 8 PM
- Monday, March 2 at 7 PM
- Monday, March 2 at 10 PM
Director of the Theater Program
School of the Arts
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave, M-DB0-01
Madison, NJ 07940
Dreyfuss Building, Room 110