FDU School of the Arts
Video produced by students at the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of the Arts
Proven programs in a new school
In September 2018, FDU inaugurated the Fairleigh Dickinson School of the Arts. The School of the Arts (SOA) is a robust center of learning for students who seek arts training grounded in a real-world framework.
The opening of the School of the Arts is integral to the University's Strategic Plan and the capital campaign, One University Many Dreams.
SOA students discover an innovative curriculum that combines a strong liberal arts education, hands-on creative work, valuable opportunities for internships, and an integrated new approach to arts entrepreneurship.
Graduates will be equipped to thrive in today's — and tomorrow's — complex interconnected world. Students will develop:
- Training in the specific art form they wish to study, taught by professionals.
- Internship opportunities.
- A strong personal artistic vision and enhanced creative skills.
- An entrepreneurial understanding of their work and careers.
- An understanding of the digital realm as a medium for creativity, community, and marketing.
- A network of professional mentors and colleagues to jump-start their careers.
- An understanding of interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A robust and varied portfolio or resume in their creative discipline.
The arts in depth
The diversity of undergraduate and graduate degrees offered by the School of the Arts is given focus by the many concentrations and specializations within the disciplines.
- Concentrations in the BA, Film and Animation
- Concentration in the BA, Fine Arts: Studio Arts
- Concentrations in the BA, Graphic Design
- Concentrations in the BA, Theater Arts
- Concentrations in the MA, Animation and MFA, Animation
- 3D Character Animation
- Visual Effects
- Video Games
- Specializations in the MFA, Film
- Editing and Post-production
- Concentrations in the MFA, Creative Writing
- Creative Nonfiction
- Writing for Young Adults and Children
- Literary Translation
Find your depth
Whether you’re an experienced practitioner or are just beginning your journey in the arts, you’ll find a home at the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of the Arts. We invite you to explore our school and, of course, to reach out with any questions you may have.
- Apply for a BA
- Schedule a visit
- Apply for an MA or MFA
- Attend a graduate information session
- Request information
Geoffrey Weinman, Ph.D.
Dean, Becton College of Arts and Sciences
Howard Libov, M.A.