Facts About FDU
1942. Independent, not-for-profit. [Learn more about our history.]
- Teaneck, New Jersey: Metropolitan Campus is 6 miles from NYC, in Bergen County.
- Madison, New Jersey: Florham Campus is 35 miles west, in Morris County.
- Oxfordshire, England: Wroxton College is three miles from Banbury and 70 miles from London.
- Vancouver, Canada: Vancouver Campus is downtown.
- Extension sites are throughout New Jersey, and partner institutions and study abroad opportunities are around the world.
The first American university to own and operate an overseas campus (Wroxton College in Oxfordshire, UK); the first comprehensive university in the world to require distance learning of its undergraduates. [Learn more about our mission.]
New Jersey's largest private university. Undergraduate students: 8,585; graduate students: 3,527; student/faculty Ratio: 14.1. [Learn more about Admissions.]
Average Class Size
18 students [Learn more statistics in our Common Data Set reporting.]
Offered in all majors, more than 120 throughout all four years.
Accelerated Degree Programs
A variety of combined degree programs let you complete your undergraduate and masters degree in five years.
More than 100 active student organizations and clubs, from student government to national fraternities and sororities and professional honor societies.
324 full-time (85% hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field) and 847 part-time. [Learn more about faculty.]
Two semesters plus summer sessions, at the two New Jersey campuses. Other schedules may apply to fully online courses, courses at other locations, such as, the Vancouver Campus, Wroxton College and other off-site locations. [Learn more about the Academic Calendar.]