Vancouver Campus Exam Timetable
The Fall 2017 exam timetable is now available (2 pages).
Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus
Regulations for Writing Formal Examinations
- An exam schedule will be posted for student viewing by the mid-point of the term. Students will be asked to review the schedule and immediately report any conflicts. A conflict is when two courses have exams scheduled at the same time. Students may have more than one exam scheduled in one day. Students facing 3 or more end of term examinations scheduled in a one day may appeal for an alternate time for one of the exams.
- Exams will not be re-scheduled to accommodate travel arrangements.
- Students who are absent from an examination may appeal to the program coordinator for a concession or rescheduling of the exam and are required to produce a medical certificate from a physician.
- More than one exam may be scheduled in the examination room at one time and invigilated by someone other than the course instructor.
- Students are required to sign in when they enter the examination room and must be prepared to provide identification on request.
- Students are required to follow all directions and additional regulations given by the instructor or invigilator.
- Students are only permitted to bring material that they need to write with or additional material that is approved.
Students are not to have any electronic equipment, pencil cases, backpacks, unauthorized calculators or other personal belongings to their seat. Cell phones are not permitted for use as a watch.
- Students will be advised to place any such belongings at the front of the room.
- Students are required to turn off any cell phones or other audible equipment left in bags.
- Note – It is advisable to leave all valuables at home, or to place them in the student storage lockers, as you may be asked to leave them in an area which you may not be able to monitor them. In the event of an emergency, you may be required to vacate the room and may need to leave those belongings behind.
- Students may not begin the exam or review the examination paper until they are instructed to do so by the invigilator.
- Once the exam begins, students are not permitted to ask questions of the invigilators, except in cases of supposed errors or ambiguities in examination questions.
- No student is permitted to leave during the first half hour of the examination or to enter the examination room after one-half hour from the scheduled starting time.
- If a student leaves, he/she is not permitted to return to the exam room during the exam. An exception may be considered if there is an urgent need to use the washroom. In which case, the person will need to be accompanied by one of the invigilators, and only one person is permitted to leave the room at a time.
Any dishonest practices will not be allowed and will result in immediate dismissal from the examination and the student will be subject to further disciplinary action. The plea of accident or forgetfulness shall not be accepted. This includes but is not limited to.
- having at the place of writing any books, papers or memoranda, calculators, computers, sound or image players/recorders/transmitters (including telephones), or other memory aid devices, other than those authorized by the examiners;
- speaking or communicating with other persons writing the exam;
- viewing or attempting to view another person’s work;
- intentionally exposing written papers to the view of other candidates or imaging devices.
- Students must finish the exam at the time they are instructed.
- Students may not destroy or mutilate any examination material; must hand in all examination papers; and may not take any examination material from the examination room without permission of the invigilator.