Assessment and Exploration
Puzzled about what career path you should take? Assessing your strengths can help you discover what suits you best.
The following websites will help you get started, and they’re absolutely free!
WorkBC is the provincial government's access point to the world of work in British Columbia. It was created with one key goal – to help all British Columbians to successfully navigate B.C.’s labour market.
WorkBC helps people find jobs, explore career options and improve their skills.
- NOC (National Occupational Classification) 2011
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 is the authoritative resource on occupational information in Canada. It is used daily by thousands of people to understand the jobs found throughout Canada's labour market.
A helpful occupational profile site developed by the Alberta provincial government.
- Career Insights: http://careerinsite.alberta.ca/careerinsite.aspx
- Career Key - www.careerkey.com
- Riley Guide: http://www.rileyguide.com/
- Discover Your Career Strengths: http://aim.learnlink.org/01/00/00/index.htm
- RHETI Test - www.9types.com
- WorkBC-Plan Your Career: http://www.workbc.ca/Job-Seekers/Build-Your-Career.aspx
- O*Net interest Profiler (USA): http://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip