How to Apply - International Students
The Vancouver Campus Application Form should be completed by students applying to Fairleigh Dickinson University - Vancouver only. Students interested in applying to FDU in New Jersey, click here.
HOW TO APPLY FOR VANCOUVER CAMPUS (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
Step 1: Complete online application form for Vancouver Campus (apply online).
US$40 USD application fee must be paid by credit card to submit the application.
If you submit the application successfully, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the reference number. Please use this number for future inquiries.
Note: All applicants for Bachelor Degree programs are considered for Vancouver Campus scholarships . No separate application is required.
Step 2: Prepare your Vancouver Campus application package:
Please use the following check list to prepare your Vancouver Campus application:
Attested or official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools. Certified English translation must accompany the transcripts if the documents are not in English.
For admissions purposes, copies of the transcripts are acceptable. If the student is admitted, the official transcript will be required.
- Two (2) recommendation letters.
- A copy of IELTS test results or TOEFL, Pearsons PTE-A results sent directly from the testing agency to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Include a photocopy of the results (if available) with your application package. Please review our policy on English proficiency. (Please refer to the Entrance Requirements section for detailed information or conditional admission).
- Optional: SAT or ACT scores to be sent to the Vancouver Campus. Fairleigh Dickinson University’s SAT code is 5823, and ACT code is 2552.
- Optional: Freshmen who have completed AP or IB exams, students with GCE A-level courses and students who have taken coursework at another university may be eligible for credit transfer. Please submit all relevant scores to us as soon as they are available.
- Copy of information page in your valid passport.
There are no application deadlines for Bachelor Degree Programs. Students are admitted on a “rolling basis”. Applications for the upcoming trimester are accepted up until the start of classes. Please refer to the Vancouver Campus academic calendar for class start dates for Fall, Spring or Summer trimester.
Step 3: Submit documents to the following address:
by email to: email@example.com
or by paper to: Fairleigh Dickinson University -Vancouver Campus
842 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2P6
Step 4. Vancouver Campus will e-mail your admission and scholarship offer to the address provided on your application with instructions on how to pay the tuition deposit.
Students are admitted on a “rolling basis”. If your application is complete, a decision on admission and scholarship will generally be made within two weeks.
Step 5: You return the signed FDU-Letter of Offer by e-mail to Vancouverfirstname.lastname@example.org and pay the $2,500 USD non-refundable tuition deposit before the deadline specified on the letter.
Note: Please note that the tuition deposit is ONLY refundable (less US$300 registration fee) if your application for a Study Permit is denied by Canadian Immigration.
Please visit Vancouver Campus's refund policy page for more details
Step 6: Vancouver Campus will send you an Acceptance E-package, which includes your Letter of Acceptance, and Tuition Deposit Receipt. Please use these documents to apply for the Canadian Study Permit.
Note: The Vancouver Campus will only courier you the admissions package if Canadian online visa application is not available in your country.
Step 7: Prepare for arrival on campus.
Please visit the Student Services web site for pre-arrival information on housing, health insurance, etc. Our Student Services office will contact you with further information.