How to Apply: Graduate Students Applying to FDU Vancouver Campus
STEP 1: Prepare your FDU-Vancouver application package
- FIRST prepare electronic (scanned) copies of ALL your admission documents. Please check the required documents list for the program you are applying for.
- For admissions purposes, copies of the post-secondary transcripts are acceptable. Please include the backside of the transcript if it contains the grading scale for your CGPA. If you are admitted, the official transcript will be required. Prepare ONE scanned file for each school you attended
- Students from India: Please note that we do not accept consolidated marksheets. Individual marksheets showing all attempts, failures and retakes are required. Please submit your Backlogs Summary together with your transcripts.
- Certified English translation must accompany any documents if they are not in English.
- For proof of English proficiency, please get a copy of IELTS, TOEFL, Pearsons PTE-A, or any accepted standardized English test results. Please review the list of all the accepted English tests on the English Proficiency page. With exception of IELTS, results must be sent directly from the testing agency to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Include a photocopy of the results with your application package.
- Please make sure that you have copies of all documents from the required documents list. You can also add additional documents to your application if you think they are going to boost your overall profile.
STEP 2: Complete online application form for FDU Vancouver Campus
Please make sure that you create the account with your most used e-mail. Admissions team will communicate with you using that e-mail address.
ATTACH SCANNED COPIES OF ALL REQUIRED ADMISSION DOCUMENTS TO YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. Please attach separate scans for each category in your Application Checklist!
US$100 USD non-refundable application fee must be paid by credit card to submit the online application.
If you submit the application successfully, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with an Application ID number. Please use this number for future inquiries.
Review your Application Checklist Status after you submit the application and check if your checklist shows any of the missing documents.
Please note that your Checklist Status should show “Ready for Review”. It means that your application is sent for processing. If your application is incomplete, Checklist Status will say “Documents needed”. You will be able to upload the missing documents after the application is submitted in order for your checklist status to change. Refresh the web page to see the updated Checklist status after you have added additional documents.
Remember: Incomplete applications may not be considered for processing.
STEP 3: What happens next?
Please check your e-mails regularly!
Once the decision is made, you will receive an email notification. You will need to log in into the Applicant’s account to check your status.
If you are accepted, please view your Decision Letter and use the Decision Response Form to accept the Offer.
International Students: To reserve the seat in the program, you will need to pay a non-refundable tuition deposit of US$2,500.00 as part of your tuition payment within 30 days from the date of the Letter of Offer.
Note: Please note that the tuition deposit is ONLY refundable (less US$310 registration fee) if your application for a Study Permit is denied by Canadian Immigration. Please visit the Vancouver Campus refund policy page for more details
Upon receipt of your tuition deposit, we will notify you when your Letter of Acceptance and Tuition Deposit Receipt are ready for download from the Applicant’s account.
You will use this Letter of Acceptance to apply for your Canadian Study Permit.
Canadian Students: To accept the Offer you will be required to fill in your Decision Form in your Applicant’s account and pay US$200.00 non-refundable tuition deposit online towards your tuition payment to reserve the seat in the program.
STEP 4. Prepare and send your official documents
If you have not provided official documents at the time of your application, you will be required to send your official transcripts to the admissions office before the start of the classes or present them to Admissions during the New Students Orientation.
Official and certified transcripts MUST be presented in a sealed envelope.
Some countries only issue documents in certain formats. Admissions will require only ONE acceptable format depending on the country of origin and school issuing the documents. Official and Certified transcripts are the most common documents issued in MOST countries.
- Official transcript is prepared by the issuing University/College usually by the Registrar Office with an original signature of a school official on the school letterhead and is sealed by the school.
- Certified transcript – is a copy of the transcript that is stamped and signed by an appropriate member of College/University staff such as the Academic Registrar or the Head of Department/Director of Studies to verify that the marks shown are accurate and is sealed by the school.
- Original transcript (in very few countries) – is the only copy of the transcript issued to you by the University/College (usually is printed on the secure paper, has registration number and official seal). Replacement of that document would require a police certificate.
The official and certified transcripts can be mailed directly to:
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus
842 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2P6
Please check our Admitted Students (Link to the NEW SECTION) section for more information on further steps.