Mission and Objectives
Grants and Sponsored Projects (GSP) seeks to advance the quality of teaching and education through the pursuit of faculty achievement and student scholarship. Our objective is to promote professional collaborations and multi-disciplinary alliances. The GSP will facilitate the identification of funding opportunities, proposal development, and programmatic and fiduciary oversight of government awards.
Jane promotes University support for research and institutional grants, and is responsible for managing the Office of Grants and Sponsored Projects. She develops policies and procedures to ensure the University is in compliance with all federal and state regulations regarding sponsored programs and promotes the continued growth of sponsored activities at FDU. She is also the Co-Chair of the Veterans Services Advisory Board (VSAB).
Jane has worked at FDU since September 2008.
Angela helps faculty and staff to manage government funded grants, monitors expenditures and aids with completion and submission of financial and narrative reports. She also provides support with submitting proposals to state and federal funding agencies.
Angela joined FDU in June 2016.
Kim manages the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for human subject research. She interacts with faculty, students and staff regarding federal and institutional policies relating to human subject research compliance. She has impletemented new policies and procedures and provides relevant training on an on-going basis.
Kim also assists the University Director, Grants and Sponsored Projects on special project development and assists students, faculty and staff interested in preparing research proposals.
Kim has worked at FDU since October 2010.
About Our Services
Pre-Award: A Summary of Services
- facilitate identification of funding sources
- collaborate with faculty on feasibility
- complete electronic application forms
- prepare budgets and budget justifications
- review of draft proposals
- coordinate multi-site collaborations
- facilitate the internal approval process
- central office for human subject protections/IRB review
- finalizes electronic transmision of proposals
Post-Award: A Summary of Services
To facilitate the post-award process, the Grants Office:
- reviews and accepts awards on behalf of the university;
- negotiates terms of contracts and agreements;
- reviews grant expenditures;
- monitors program implementation;
- ensures compliance with a variety of federal and state regulations;
- assists with the timely submission of required financial and technical reports;
- serves as primary liaison between faculty and funding agencies; and
- coordinates with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for human subject research.