Minutes of the Most Recent Executive Council Meeting
PAS Executive Council Meeting
September 22, 2014 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Call to Order / Attendance
The meeting was called to order at 10:20 a.m.
Present: Sarah Azavedo, Joe Brancone , Liz Dikovics, Jennifer Dize, Ralph Knapp, Karen Lewis
Excused: Susan Boisnier, Ruben Flores , Sanaa Hindeleh, Paula Mensch, Ryan Stalgaitis
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from the May 2, 2014 meeting were reviewed and accepted as presented.
- University Planning and Budget Committee: Enrollment is good; we have our largest freshman and international student groups ever. The FY’14 budget closeout is being finalized. President Drucker will be pushing for an approximate 3.5% salary increase using surplus money from unfilled positions and other cutbacks
- New Hires: Sarah Azavedo reported that Council members will be contacting new hires to take them to the introductory lunch.
- Employee Development: The first set of employee development workshops received very good feedback. Additional workshops will be planned.
- PAS Member participation at events has improved during the past year.
- Events: Speakers for the remaining 2014 events have been scheduled.
- Wroxton Retreat: The retreat is currently on schedule for 2015. The application process will be opened once exact dates are confirmed.
- Spring 2015 Speakers: A discussion on potential speakers for 2015 included the new Associate VP of Finance, and HR update on Medical changes, International Admissions & Enrollment, and the new Silberman College Dean, Michael Avaltroni discussing the Pharmacy school expansion and plans.
- 2015 Elections: The elections process for the 2015-2017 Executive Council will be starting soon. The new Council will take office in summer.
Round Table Discussion
- The University Strategic Plan is moving from a 3-year model to a 5-year model to allow more time to accomplish planned goals. More information will be provided in October.
- A Metro Social Event is being planned for early November.
- The University has an “FDU App” and also uses the Trumba web calendar for event notifications. The PAS should consider putting its events on Trumba.
- The University’s new Speaker Series could be used both as a recruitment tool and for strengthening alumni relations. Sales for the Speaker Series have been good.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:10 am.