Photography Services Policy
Requests for photography of news events must be received at least three weeks prior to event.
The Office of Communications provides photography of special events, ceremonies and other activities for the purpose of promoting the University in conjunction with the goals of the department.
Photography coverage is prioritized by the Office of Communications to ensure that images can be used in multiple internal and external publications.
- Publications produced by the Office of Communications
- News photography
- FDU official social media outlets
- FDU website and homepage
Additionally, the Office of Communications can, if time is available, take official headshots for the purpose of University web pages or other publications.
Referring Assignments to Freelance Photographers
The Office of Communications may refer you to an approved freelance University photographer. When freelance photographers are hired, the office requesting photography will be responsible for hiring, scheduling, paying and directs the photographer.
Such requests for freelance referrals can include:
- Events not promoted by the Office of Communications
- Photography for departmental internal/external publications or archives (i.e. brochures, newsletters, departmental web pages)
- Alumni, student, faculty and staff celebrations, including birthday and retirement parties
- Social and event photography, including photos presented as gifts
- Any after hours and weekend events
- Department or school-specific workshops, conferences and symposiums hosted on- or off-campus
Please submit requests for photographic services at least three weeks prior to your event to Assistant Director of Public Relations, Scott Giglio at email@example.com.
All requests are subject to the approval of the Associate Vice President of Communications, Angelo Carfagna.
Effective: September 2013