FDU Press Marks 50th Year with New Office, New Books
Fairleigh Dickinson University Press has relocated its operations from the Florham Campus in Madison, N.J., to the Vancouver Campus in British Columbia, Canada, as it celebrates its 50th anniversary. James Gifford, English and director of University Core (Van), has been appointed director of FDU Press.
Covers of the newly published books.
The Press also announces its recently published books. By author/editor, they are:
• Tapan Basu and Tasneem Shahnaaz, editors, Crossing Borders: Essays on Literature, Culture, and Society in Honor of Amritjit Singh;
• H. Lowell Brown, The American Constitutional Tradition: Colonial Charters, Covenants, and Revolutionary State Constitutions, 1578–1780;
• Louise Geddes, Appropriating Shakespeare: A Cultural History of Pyramus and Thisbe;
• Michael Hofmann, Habermas’s Public Sphere: A Critique;
• Gabriella Romani and Jennifer Burns, editors, The Formation of a National Audience in Italy, 1750–1890: Readers and Spectators of Italian Culture; and
• Lawrence Samuel, The American Way of Life: A Cultural History.
The existing Press’ Editorial Committee and Advisory Board will continue their role in the review and selection of manuscripts for publication. Harry Keyishian, emeritus, English (Flor), and former director of FDU Press, will continue to be part of the editorial committee.
For further information on the newly published books or other FDU Press books, contact James Gifford at (604) 648-4476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A catalog is available. The FDU Press website is http://www.fdupress.org.
FDU Press books may be ordered online from The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group at http://www.rowmanlittlefield.com; or through its Customer Service Department, 4501 Forbes Blvd., Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706 at telephone: 1-800-462-6420 or email email@example.com.
In This Issue
- Capuano Inaugurated as Eighth President
- Academic Convocation 2017 Celebrates 75 Years
- Ranked Among Top Universities
- Stewart Joins Board of Trustees
- Facilities Update
- President Clinton Leads Illustrious New Jersey Speakers Series
- International Happenings
- Innovative LD Virtual Tutoring Program Offers Face-to-Face Support to Students Everywhere
- Faculty Status Report 2017–2018
- FDU Press Marks 50th Year with New Office, New Books
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Carlson, Diaz, Harmon, Yu
- This & That
- Photo Stories: Candle-lighting Ceremonies Mark New School Year, Doerfler Center Dedicated
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the November/December 2017 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is November 8.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Michele Barto, Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Sara Campione, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Scott Giglio, William Kennedy, Shelley Kusnetz, Dan Landau, Rebecca Maxon, Andrew McKay, Michael Paras, Gary Radford, Marie Roberts, Dina Schipper, William Toms, Hector Torres.