Did You Know?
• The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) granted a 10-year reaccreditation to the DNP program and APRN nursing certificate programs, extending accreditation to June 30, 2027.
• The School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has opened a search for a director of a Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
• The Silberman College of Business has launched a Parent’s Council to help understand issues from both student and parent perspectives.
• The School of Public and Global Affairs has begun the process of identifying and recruiting additional Advisory Board members in New Jersey; Vancouver, Canada; and the United Kingdom.
• The number of freshmen in Silberman College increased by 81 percent this fall, and graduate enrollment increased by 13.3 percent, including more than 50 PharmD students who are enrolled in the MBA program as a second-degree option.
• The School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is establishing its first post-graduate fellowship in partnership with BD (Becton Dickinson) in the area of health economics and outcomes research.
• Proposals for an MFA in film and an MA and MFA in animation in the School of the Arts were approved by the New Jersey Presidents Council.
• The International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is anticipating its first intake of graduate students in hospitality management studies at Wroxton College in spring 2018.
• A Task Force has been appointed to work on improving retention and graduation rates. It is focusing on three key areas of the first-year experience: preparedness, connections and customer care and service.
For more Strategic Plan Progress Updates go to Strategic Plan Progress Reports.
In This Issue
- Faculty, Staff Celebrate Milestone Years
- Luke David Schultheis Named Vice President for Enrollment, Planning and Effectiveness
- $1.2 Million State Grant Awarded for Development Center for Retail, Hospitality and Tourism
- Toobin Visits Campus, Speakers Series Continues
- Division I Holds Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Athletes Inducted Into Division III Hall of Fame
- Family Weekend and Homecoming Celebrated
- Weather Closing Information
- Did You Know?
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Mohamad, Thole Loewus, Togno, Winters
- This & That
- Photo Stories: Veterans News, Teaneck Chamber of Commerce Recognition, Pulitzer Prize-winning Authors at FDU, EOF Helps Puerto Rico
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the February/March 2018 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is January 29.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Sara Campione, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Gary Darden, Scott Giglio, William Kennedy, Dan Landau, Larry Levanti, Andrew McKay, Michael Paras, Dina Schipper, Hector Torres, Ray Turkin.