Weather Closing Information
To learn about weather closings at FDU, call your own voice mail and listen to the message regarding the University’s status — open, delayed or closed.
The University home page http://www.fdu.edu will carry a banner with closing information as well. The University switchboard will have this same information, but the volume of calls on the switchboard may cause some delays.
Those who signed up for the FDU Alert system will receive notification of weather closing through email, text and voice messages. To sign up for the FDU Alert system, go to http://www.fdu.edu/alert.
Concurrent with activation of the FDU Alert system, snow-closing information is available at the following check list:
• FDU’s home page
• Recorded message on the switchboard and Interactive Voice Response System (IVR)
• Recorded message in each FDU faculty/staff voicemail box
• Recorded message on the 411 voicemail box at FDU — call 973-443-8100 or 201-692-7600 and enter 411#
• Recorded message on the following numbers: 201-692-7000 and 973-443-8000
FDU’s social media outlets — Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/fairleighdickinsonuniversity) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/FDUWhatsNew)
Faculty are encouraged to put messages regarding class-meeting status on their voice-mail greetings as well. They should ask students to call these faculty extensions for the most up-to-date information.
In This Issue
- Faculty, Staff Recognized for Years of Service
- Alumnus Moss Elected to Board of Trustees
- Two New Schools — Arts and Public and Global Affairs — Announced
- Veterans News and Updates
- Homecoming 2016
- Division III Athletes Inducted into Hall of Fame
- WAMFest 2016 Focuses on ‘Art of Change’
- Weather Closing Information
- Speakers Series Continues
- UN-focused Events Held
- Seven New Books from FDU Press
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Degiuli, Johnston, Miksza, Mondal
- This & That
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the February/March 2017 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is January 28.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to email@example.com.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Nick Agostino, Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Sara Campione, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Scott Giglio, William Kennedy, Dan Landau, Conor Leary, Rebecca Maxon, Andrew McKay, Marian Rutherford, Dina Schipper, Duff Sheffield, Hector Torres.