This & That
• The Employee Tuition Grant (ETG) policy and application process have been updated. Important policy changes include elimination of the FAFSA requirement for full-time undergraduate students unless employees qualify for a Tuition Aid Grant; the exclusion of newly hired adjunct faculty members to the 90-day employment rule before they can use the benefit; and the continuation of eligibility for dependent children with documented learning disability with FDU for an additional calendar year after they turn 24. In addition, effective immediately, the ETG application process will be completed via an online form. To read more about the policy updates and the new application process go to http://view2.fdu.edu/university-offices/human-resources/benefits/employee-tuition-grant/.
• According to the spring 2016 Nielsen ratings, WFDU (FM) 89.1 MHz has an overall listening audience of more than 45,000 people tuning in on any given week. The most popular listening time of day is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The ratings show a doubling of listeners due to the station’s new RetroRadio format that plays hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Check the WFDU website http://wfdu.fm/single/index.php for the program schedules.
• The document “Fairleigh Dickinson University – Twombly Estate – Land Title Search,” by Robert Nish, is now available in the digital archives of the Monninger Center for Learning and Research. To download or print the document go to http://cdm16322.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15157coll7/id/205.
• Hennessy Hall has been ranked eighth in Business Insider’s list of 16 Largest Historic Homes in the United States. Built in 1897, the centerpiece of the Florham Campus contains 80,000 square feet of floor space. To read the complete list go to http://www.businessinsider.com/largest-historic-homes-in-america-2016-10/#.
• During the annual Metropolitan Campus food drive, a joint collaboration of the Student Government Association and the Office of the Provost, more than 90 bags of groceries were collected from campus offices. They were delivered to the Center for Food Action in Hackensack, N.J.
• A Graduate Business Information Session will be held on Tuesday, December 6, 6–8 p.m., in the lobby and admissions room in Dickinson Hall, Metropolitan Campus. Attendees will have the opportunity to obtain information on MBA and MS programs; meet with admissions and academic advisers; and learn about GMAT waiver option for eligible students and graduate scholarship opportunities. A question-and-answer period will follow the presentation. To register and for information go to http://view2.fdu.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/upcoming-admissions-events/graduate-business-information-session/.
• A newly renovated FDU Alumni Basketball Suite in the Stratis Lounge at the Rothman Center on the Metropolitan Campus was unveiled with a ribbon-cutting ceremony during the annual Burgundy and Blue intrasquad scrimmage on October 22. The renovations were made possible by contributions from some of the basketball program’s alumni and friends. To watch a video of the ceremony or to read more go to http://fduknights.com/news/2016/10/22/mens-basketball-unveils-alumni-basketball-suite-at-burgundy-blue-day.aspx.
In This Issue
- Faculty, Staff Recognized for Years of Service
- Alumnus Moss Elected to Board of Trustees
- Two New Schools — Arts and Public and Global Affairs — Announced
- Veterans News and Updates
- Homecoming 2016
- Division III Athletes Inducted into Hall of Fame
- WAMFest 2016 Focuses on ‘Art of Change’
- Weather Closing Information
- Speakers Series Continues
- UN-focused Events Held
- Seven New Books from FDU Press
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Degiuli, Johnston, Miksza, Mondal
- This & That
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the February/March 2017 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is January 28.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Nick Agostino, Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Sara Campione, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Scott Giglio, William Kennedy, Dan Landau, Conor Leary, Rebecca Maxon, Andrew McKay, Marian Rutherford, Dina Schipper, Duff Sheffield, Hector Torres.