Holiday and Time-off Schedule
The holiday and time-off schedule for all nonfaculty employees for the fiscal year from June 30, 2016, through July 1, 2017, has been announced.
Summer Four-day Work Weeks — Eight consecutive Fridays off from June 17, 2016, through August 5, 2016 (June 17, June 24, July 1, July 8, July 15, July 22, July 29 and August 5)
Independence Day — Monday, July 4, 2016
Labor Day — Monday, September 5, 2015
Thanksgiving — Wednesday, November 23, 2016; Thursday, November 24, 2016; Friday, November 25, 2016
Christmas Eve — Friday, December 23, 2016
Christmas Day — Monday, December 26, 2016
Shut-down Days (between Christmas and New Year’s Day) — Tuesday, December 27, 2016; Wednesday, December 28, 2016; Thursday, December 29, 2016
New Year’s Eve — Friday, December 30, 2016
New Year’s Day — Monday, January 2, 2017
Martin Luther King Jr. Day — Monday, January 16, 2017
Spring Recess — Thursday, March 16, 2017; Friday, March 17, 2017
Memorial Day — Monday, May 29, 2017
Note: Public safety officers do not participate in the four-day work week.
In This Issue
- 73rd Commencement to Be Held on May 17
- Robert Vodde Named Metropolitan Campus Provost
- Alumna Brenda Blackmon Rejoins Trustees
- ISE and CHRMS Celebrate Anniversaries
- FDU Renews Ties with Mexican University
- Speakers Series Announces 2016-2017 Season
- Week of Gratitude
- New Global Business Internship Underway
- Scholarship Dinner Honors Donors
- Emil Solimine to Be Honored at Charter Day, PINNACLE Society to Induct Five
- University Honors Program Research Days Held
- Holiday and Time-off Schedule
- Faculty, Staff
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Byrne, Cuffee, Kim, Pakay
- This & That
- Photo Stories — Metropolitan Campus Provost Kiernan Celebrated, Basketball Teams Win Big, Knights Women’s Teams Triumph, Inaugural Gov. Brendan T. Byrne Lecture, Fun Ways to Beat Stress, Literary Celebrations, Think Summer!, New Heritage Hall Inductees
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the September/October 2016 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is August 30.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to email@example.com.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Sara Chamberlain, Scott Giglio, Kaidi Ilves, William Kennedy, Dan Landau, Larry Levanti, Rebecca Maxon, Andrew McKay, Michael Paras, Jessie Ribustello, Dina Schipper, Duff Sheffield, Hector Torres.