This & That
• Filming is set to begin for the inaugural episode of “Treasures of New Jersey,” a PBS series that will be an extension of the acclaimed show “Treasures of New York.” The hour-long documentary will tell the story of Florham — from its inception as an estate to its current incarnation as a campus of FDU. Television crews will be at the Florham Campus on Monday, May 16, to film the School of Pharmacy hooding ceremony and reception, the Academic Awards Ceremony and the Senior Reception, and on Friday, June 10, to film Charter Day. Filming and interviews will resume in September, with plans to complete the documentary by March 2017.
• Fairleigh Dickinson University won two awards in the 31st Annual Educational Advertising Awards of the Higher Education Marketing Report. The Fall 2015 Student Life Calendar won bronze, and the Major Madness poster, both Metropolitan Campus, received a merit award.
• The Second Annual Tiffany Table: A Luncheon at Florham will be held on Friday, May 20, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., in Lenfell Hall, Hennessy Hall, Florham Campus. Co-sponsored by the Friends of Florham and Tiffany & Co., the fundraising event will feature silent and live auctions and complementary gifts and surprises in traditional Tiffany blue boxes. The cost to attend is $150 before May 1 and $175 thereafter. Seating is limited and registration is necessary. For registration contact Michele Bottcher, development associate, University advancement (Metro), at 201-692-7011 or email email@example.com. For information go to http://view2.fdu.edu/community-programs/friends-of-florham/events/ or http://www.myfdu.net/tiffany16.
• Graduate Business Information Sessions will be held on May 18, from 6 to 8 p.m., in Dickinson Hall, Metropolitan Campus, and on Tuesday, June 14, from 6 to 8 p.m., in the Admissions Presentation Room, Rothman Building, Florham Campus. Attendees will obtain information on the University’s MBA and MS programs, meet with admissions and academic advisers and learn about the GMAT waiver option for eligible students and graduate scholarship opportunities. Registration is necessary. To register and for information go to http://view2.fdu.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/upcoming-admissions-events/graduate-business-information-session/.
• An Explore Day — Admissions Information Session and Campus Tour will be held at the Metropolitan Campus and Florham Campus on Saturday, May 21. Check in is at 9:45 a.m. in Lobby, Dickinson Hall, Metropolitan Campus, and in the Admissions Office, Rotham Building, Florham Campus. The visit includes an admission information session, an overview of financial-aid offerings and scholarship opportunities, a Q&A with an admissions counselor, a student-guided campus tour and lunch. To register and for information go to http://view2.fdu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/upcoming-admissions-events/saturday-information-sessions/.
• An Undergraduate Adult Information Session for adult learners interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees will be held on Wednesday, May 11, from 5 to 9 p.m., in the Sullivan Lounge, Hennessy Hall, Florham Campus. Individual or small-group appointments are available. To select a time slot and for reservations go to http://view2.fdu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-adult-admissions/info-session-rsvp/. For information call 201-692-2551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A similar event was held at the Metropolitan Campus on April 20.
In This Issue
- 73rd Commencement to Be Held on May 17
- Robert Vodde Named Metropolitan Campus Provost
- Alumna Brenda Blackmon Rejoins Trustees
- ISE and CHRMS Celebrate Anniversaries
- FDU Renews Ties with Mexican University
- Speakers Series Announces 2016-2017 Season
- Week of Gratitude
- New Global Business Internship Underway
- Scholarship Dinner Honors Donors
- Emil Solimine to Be Honored at Charter Day, PINNACLE Society to Induct Five
- University Honors Program Research Days Held
- Holiday and Time-off Schedule
- Faculty, Staff
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Byrne, Cuffee, Kim, Pakay
- This & That
- Photo Stories — Metropolitan Campus Provost Kiernan Celebrated, Basketball Teams Win Big, Knights Women’s Teams Triumph, Inaugural Gov. Brendan T. Byrne Lecture, Fun Ways to Beat Stress, Literary Celebrations, Think Summer!, New Heritage Hall Inductees
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the September/October 2016 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is August 30.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to email@example.com.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Sara Chamberlain, Scott Giglio, Kaidi Ilves, William Kennedy, Dan Landau, Larry Levanti, Rebecca Maxon, Andrew McKay, Michael Paras, Jessie Ribustello, Dina Schipper, Duff Sheffield, Hector Torres.