Metropolitan Campus Provost Kiernan Celebrated
The University community celebrated the service of Metropolitan Campus Provost Joseph Kiernan with a farewell party on April 26 at the Rutherford Room in the Student Union Building.
Kiernan, who joined the University in 1979 and was named provost in 2003, will step down on June 30. He also has held the role of senior vice provost for institutional effectiveness and has previously served FDU as University provost and senior vice president for academic affairs.
Several tributes were made to Kiernan as students, alumni, faculty and staff members recognized his many contributions. Former members of the University community including President Emeritus Francis J. Mertz also attended the event.
Metropolitan Campus staff members serenade Joseph Kiernan with “Twelve Days as Provost,” sung to the tune of “Twelve Days of Christmas.”
At the event were Duff Sheffield, program director and general manager, WFDU-FM (Metro), who served as emcee; speakers Sheldon Drucker, president; Richard Panicucci, emeritus, quantitative analysis (Metro); Richard Bronson, emeritus, mathematics and computer science (Metro); and Craig Mourton, associate campus provost (Metro), who read a proclamation naming Joseph Kiernan “Mr. FDU” of the Metropolitan Campus, and Michele Vaccaro, special assistant to the campus provost, who presented this year’s newly designed baseball hat with “Mr. FDU” embroidered on the back.
Among the students and alumni who spoke were, from left, students Rinat Khundoker and Man-Yee-Bianca Ho; alumna Byanjana Thapa, BS’15 (Metro); student-athletes Steven Krier and Erika Livermore; and alumnus Anthony “AJ” Mell, BS’13, MBA’15 (Metro).
Other Photo Stories
In This Issue
- 73rd Commencement to Be Held on May 17
- Robert Vodde Named Metropolitan Campus Provost
- Alumna Brenda Blackmon Rejoins Trustees
- ISE and CHRMS Celebrate Anniversaries
- FDU Renews Ties with Mexican University
- Speakers Series Announces 2016-2017 Season
- Week of Gratitude
- New Global Business Internship Underway
- Scholarship Dinner Honors Donors
- Emil Solimine to Be Honored at Charter Day, PINNACLE Society to Induct Five
- University Honors Program Research Days Held
- Holiday and Time-off Schedule
- Faculty, Staff
- College Happenings
- Spotlight — Byrne, Cuffee, Kim, Pakay
- This & That
- Photo Stories — Metropolitan Campus Provost Kiernan Celebrated, Basketball Teams Win Big, Knights Women’s Teams Triumph, Inaugural Gov. Brendan T. Byrne Lecture, Fun Ways to Beat Stress, Literary Celebrations, Think Summer!, New Heritage Hall Inductees
Flor = Florham Campus,
Metro = Metropolitan Campus,
Van = Vancouver Campus,
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wrox = Wroxton College,
The deadline for the September/October 2016 issue of Inside FDU on the Web is August 30.
Copy received after deadline will be included in the following issue. Every effort will be made to deal with late-breaking stories. Send information to: Carol Black, Publications, at H-DH3-14, fax to 201-692-7039 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inside FDU on the Web is published by the Office of Communications. Newsletter Staff: Carol Black, editor; Mary Ann Bautista, Bill Blanchard, Kenna Caprio, Angelo Carfagna, Sara Chamberlain, Scott Giglio, Kaidi Ilves, William Kennedy, Dan Landau, Larry Levanti, Rebecca Maxon, Andrew McKay, Michael Paras, Jessie Ribustello, Dina Schipper, Duff Sheffield, Hector Torres.