Governor Christie has declared a state-wide State of Emergency beginning Monday evening and into Tuesday.
For Monday, January 26 and Tuesday, January 27, 2015, the University's New Jersey campuses will be closed.
- All day and evening classes and activities are canceled.
- Essential personnel such as Public Safety and Facilities are to report as scheduled.
- If possible, resident students are asked to return home.
- Students who must remain on campus are urged to stay indoors during the storm. If power is interrupted, we might ask students to relocate. In that case, please follow the instructions from the residence life staff.
An update regarding Wednesday will be announced at approximately 8pm Tuesday evening.
Especially during winter storms, weather safety may require closing of FDU campuses for a day or portion of a day. In these cases FDU's voice mail system will provide a message regarding the University's status (open, delayed opening, closed, etc.). The switchboard also will have up-to-date information on related matters, and on the University Web site (www.fdu.edu) a banner will indicate any delayed opening or closing information. When the NJ campuses are closed due to bad weather, the FDU Alert system will be used to notify the University community. To review and update the phone numbers and message addresses that will be used to notify you in these cases, see the FDU Alert Status page.
Concurrent with activation of the FDU Alert system, snow closing information is also made available in the following ways:
- FDU's home web page
- Recorded message on the switchboard and Interactive Voice Response System (IVR)
- Recorded message on each FDU faculty/staff voicemail box
Recorded message on the 411 voicemail box at FDU:
Call 973-443-8100 or 201-692-7600 and enter 411#
- Recorded message on the following numbers: 201-692-7000 and 973-443-8000
Faculty are encouraged to put messages on their voice mail. They should inform students in their classes to call these extensions for the most up-to-date weather-related information regarding class-meeting status.
Every effort will be made to have morning closing information available before 6 a.m.