For Thursday, March 5, 2015, all day and evening classes and activities at both New Jersey campuses were cancelled.
For Tuesday, March 3, 2015, evening classes were cancelled at both New Jersey campuses of FDU, due to rapidly deteriorating weather conditions.
For Monday, March 2, 2015, both New Jersey campuses of FDU had delayed opening until 9:55am, due to the overnight snowfall.
Especially during winter storms, safety may require closing of FDU campuses for a day or portion of a day. Every effort will be made to have morning closing information available before 6 a.m. The resources on this page will also be activated for other situations where one or both campuses may be closed: local power outages, emergencies, or even a visit from a dignitary or celebrity. To find out whether the University is open / closed / delayed-opening / early-dismissal:
Receive Notification from FDU Alert System
- voice messages to any number(s) you specify: your cell phone, your family at home or work, etc.
- text messages to the smartphone numbers that you list
- email messages to the email address that you list
Sign up or update your profile online at the FDU Alert Status web page.
Make a Phone Call
- Call any number at the University to receive a campus-specific recorded message status update. This system is called IVR for Interactive Voice Response.
- Call faculty to get the IVR message plus specific information on your classes. Find faculty phone numbers in the online Directory. A link to the directory is also at the top of most web pages.
- Switchboard: 973-443-8500
- 411 Information: 973-443-8100 and enter 411#
- Recorded Message: 973-443-8000
- Switchboard: 201-692-2000
- 411 Information: 201-692-7600 and enter 411#
- Recorded Message: 201-692-7000
Visit the www.fdu.edu website home page
- A red banner will indicate any delayed opening or closing information.
- The Read More button will link to this page for additional information.
Faculty are encouraged to put messages on their voice mail and inform students in their classes to call that extension for information specific to that class.
Florham Campus Area
JCPL Outages (power company)
Metropolitan Campus Area
PSEG Outages (power company)