e-Books in WebCampus
Linking to a complete e-book in Ebook Central or EBSCO:
1. Start in the FDU Library catalog: CoolCAT – Click on the “Web Shortcuts” menu on any FDU web page, then select “Search Library Catalog.”
2. Use the “Limit to” drop down to limit your results to FDU - E-books
3. Search for book by Keyword, Title, Author, or another method.
4. Select the e-book you want by clicking on the title on the results list.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the record and right-click on the “Linked Resources” hyperlink. Copy the link (or shortcut) to your clipboard.
6. Paste the copied link into the “URL” box when you are creating an external link in a Webcampus course, or in the text box for a course content item in Webcampus.
7. Students following the link while on campus will see the item open in their browser. Students following the link while off campus will be asked to enter their FDU Webmail address and password to have their access authenticated.
Linking to a specific chapter or page in Ebook Central materials:
1. Search for the material in the Library catalog (as described above) or on the Ebook Central site (http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/fdu-ebooks/home.action)
2. Go to the desired page in the e-book.
3. Click on the “Share Link to Book” link in the top navigation menu of the display window.
4. Copy the URL from the pop-up window.
5. Paste the copied bookmark into the location of your choice in Webcampus.
6. Add FDU’s remote authentication server (EZProxy) information directly in front of the URL you have just pasted. Make sure there is no space between the EZProxy information and the copied URL. The EZProxy information is as follows: https://libaccess.fdu.edu/login?url=
7. The resulting “combined” URL can be used as either an external link or as a course content item as described in the general process above. It will look something like this:
Please contact any reference librarian for assistance in setting up these links.
Giovatto Library: x2100
Florham Campus Library: x8516