Metropolitan Campus Math Retest Signup Form
Can you do better on your math placement test?
All incoming new students have the opportunity to attend a workshop with a retest immediately following and/or a retest only date. Use the form below to sign up for one of four options.
Take a "brush-up" math workshop immediately followed by a retest.
Workshop and testing will take place in Muscarelle Hall, room 105, on the Teaneck side of campus.
- Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:00 a.m. (closed)
- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:00 a.m. (closed)
Just take the retest without any workshop.
Testing-only will take place in University Hall, Third Floor Computer Lab, on the Teaneck side of campus.
- Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:00 p.m. (closed)
- Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:00 p.m.
What happens next?
- If you are able to retest into a different math section (you will receive the results on the same day of the retest), it will be your responsibility to contact your academic advisor to have your schedule adjusted. If you are unsure of whom your academic adivsior is, the test proctor will be able to assist.
- If your retest results in a lower score you will not be penalized and no change to your fall schedule is required
One of the most tangible items you received as part of your orientation session was your fall class schedule. The courses selected for you were based on your results on the placement tests.
Over the years we have heard from students in regard to the math placement that they might have been able to do better on the placement test if they had prepared more by refreshing their skills.
The Metropolitan campus is providing, at no cost to you, a three hour workshop, immediately followed by a retest. If you would rather prepare on your own, there are also two retest-only days scheduled over the summer. All new students may attend one workshop date and/or one retest-only date.