Giovatto Library Basics
Reference Services and User Guidance
· This is the heart and soul of the library function.
· Reference librarians are always on duty when the library is open.
· Reference librarians are like professors outside classrooms.
· We offer library instructions tailored to specific student groups.
· We can help you develop strategies for your class assignment, research project, etc.
· We can help you locate information in a timely fashion.
· We can help you overcome fear of technologies or culture differences.
· About 50 desktop computers throughout the library (Requires FDU Novell login).
· Complete Wi-Fi coverage in the whole library building (Requires FDU webmail account).
· Laptops and tablets are available for rent at the circulation desk.
· Printing is available in black and white as well as color.
We even have a 3D printer. (Contact the library staff for access)
Material on Site
· Over 150,000 books in print format
· Hundreds of titles on reserve - most of them are textbooks placed on reserve by our teaching faculty
· Dozens of current newspapers, magazines, and journals
· Over 3000 DVD titles
Resources in Digital Content
· This part of the library never closes and remains accessible to you 24/7.
· There are over 100 different electronic databases available via the library website (Off-campus access requires FDU webmail account)
· Over 100,000 e-books from our online catalog (Off-campus access requires FDU webmail account)
There are many more resources and services in our library than a few paragraphs can cover. We would like you to use this basic guide as a starting point for further exploration of the Frank Giovatto Library. You might want to:
- Check out our website on the Internet
-Visit us on Facebook
- Visit us at 980 Library Circle, Teaneck, NJ 07666