Get Involved with FDU
Do you want to come on campus, participate in on campus recruiting, an information session, career fair, or just have general questions about Career Development's services?
Contact the Career Development office at 973-443-8945 (Florham) or 201-692-2193 (Metro).
Fairleigh Dickinson University's career services management system powered by Symplicity.
Do you have a great internship, part time, or full time position that you would like to hire Fairleigh Dickinson University students/alumni for? With excellent academic programs, students, and graduates we are more than happy to assist you with you hiring needs.
Within CareerQuest, employers may:
- Post jobs and internships.
- View resume books.
- Participate in recruiting events at our school.
To register, go to the CareerQuest registration page!
All postings must support the mission of Career Development by providing career-related and ethical opportunities to further growth and understanding. To ensure the quality of services and to protect students, alumni, and staff all postings must abide by the below policies. If a company or opportunity cannot support the mission or breaches any policy, the use of services may be terminated.
Postings must adhere to employment guidelines as outlined by:
- The Principles for Professional Practice outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE); http://www.naceweb.org/principles/
- Equal Opportunity Employment Commission; http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/regulations/
- The U.S. Department of Labor, http://www.dol.gov
Employers must ensure confidentiality in accordance with:
- All job and company descriptions must be accurate and truthful.
- Organizations and their representatives must provide a valid company e-mail address, contact information, and location.
- The views and affiliations of political organizations posting positions through CareerQuest DO NOT represent the views and affiliations of Fairleigh Dickinson University.
The Career Development offices will not post in CareerQuest:
- Positions requiring any upfront fees, donations, or costs from applicants.
- Direct marketing positions.(i.e. phone-selling)
- Postings from multi-level marketing companies. (i.e. utilizing a “downline” or “pyramid” strategy)
- Postings for commission-only employment. Positions may be listed as “base salary + commission” if it is stated as such in the job description.
- Postings requiring release of personal information at the time of application such as social security numbers, bank account information etc.
- Positions for personal services out of a private residence (i.e. tutor, nanny, driver, yard work, etc.)
- Modeling postions.
Third Party Recruiters:
- Third Party recruiters must identify themselves as a third party recruiter as well as provide the name of their organization, and valid contact information.
- All job postings from third-party recruiters:
- Must clearly state if the posting is for their organization or a client’s.
- Must provide accurate job descriptions and include a specific client name and location.
- Must abide by the “Posting Policies” and “Additional Policies” as outlined above.
Any of the following may result in removal from the job posting site:
- Harassment of current FDU students, alumni, or staff.
- Misrepresentation- dishonesty or absence of information.
- Breach of confidentiality as defined by FERPA or any misuse of student information.
All company, job, and internship postings are subject to approval. Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Career Development office reserves the right to refuse a posting if any of the above policies are breached or there are any violations of local, state, or federal law.