Assessment and Exploration
What Can I Do With This Major?
You don't know what you can do with a major? Are you thinking of changing your major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, the What Can I Do With This Major website will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about various career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. Continue your research on majors and careers through a variety of websites that are provided.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Check out the Occupational Outlook Handbook from the United States Department of Labor. This site provides a wide array of career information for hundreds of jobs including:
- Career summaries and job duties
- Description of work environments
- Education and training
- Employment estimates and growth
- State and area information
- Similar occupations
- Additional resources
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Strong Interest Inventory
Are you interested in taking a career related assessment? If so, completing a career assessment can help you in the following ways:
- Deciding or switching a major, minor, or concentration
- Determining a career to pursue after graduation
- Career transitions and/or changes
- Better understanding of your career needs and how they match your unique personality
- Discovering alternative paths that could work for you
- Increasing knowledge to make effective career-informed decisions
- Identify your "unique brand" and increase your marketing for a job/internship search
To assist you in this process we offer the MBTI® and Strong Interest Inventory®.
To determine which assessment is best for you and obtain instructions/log in credentials, for Florham Students, please contact Kelly Keyes at firstname.lastname@example.org and for Metro students, please contact Theresa O'Neill at email@example.com.
Looking for a different type of assessment? What about a GAME? Try Pymetrics.
With Pymetrics you can ...
- Play games based on decades of neuroscience research.
- Discover strengths unique to your cognitive makeup.
- Explore careers where your inherent careers lead to success.
- Get recruited by companies you are perfect for.
How does it work?
- Play 12 fun, scientifically valid games.
- Discover more than 50 key cognitive and emotional traits.
- Get matched with careers your traits predispose you for.
- Get recruited by companies thinking to rethink the resume.
Sign up with your FDU email and complete your profile to start playing.