Schedule Planning Guide: Becton College
Submit this form by May 15, 2017
Schedules are prepared in the order in which the Schedule Planning Guides are received. You will receive a copy of your Fall 2017 schedule during Summer Orientation provided your Schedule Planning Guide is received by May 15.
Students submitting their Schedule Planning Guides after May 15 will receive their schedule in the mail after all orientations have concluded.
Please submit this form promptly.
Fall Freshmen Curricula
- Writing, Reading and Math placements are determined based on a formula using SAT scores and the high school GPA.
- ALL students will take an English writing course determined by placement.
- Depending on major requirements and math placements, your second course may be mathematics.
- If you are not required to take math in the first semester, we will select an additional course for you.
- You will take a course in a major subject provided math/writing placement permits.
- Depending on the major you have selected, your remaining courses will be chosen from a speech or ethics course, secondary major requirements, cognate requirements, or general education requirements.
- You will also be registered for a 1-credit Transitioning to University Life course.
Some students will be required to take READ0098 College Reading. This class requires one hour per week of classroom instruction to supplement reading skills, but carries no college credit and no additional tuition charge.