Florham Campus Orientation 2018
This is an exciting time to become a member of the Fairleigh Dickinson University, Florham Campus community. We look forward to welcoming you during one of four overnight orientation sessions this summer.
Summer 2018 Orientation Dates:
- June 27 to 28, Wednesday to Thursday
- July 9 to 10, Monday to Tuesday
- July 11 to 12, Wednesday to Thursday
- July 16 to 17, Monday to Tuesday
- August 24, Friday
Orientation will allow you to experience what it means to be a Florham Campus student, both in and out of the classroom. Throughout the two-day program you will meet new and current FDU students, and develop friendships that will last throughout your college career. You will also meet the Orientation Team who are current students here to assist you during your orientation, welcome week, and throughout the fall semester.
What to expect
Check-in starts at 9 AM in front of the Student Center.
Students can expect:
- Information on university and academic resources
- Opportunities to speak with faculty and staff
- Information on how to get involved on campus
- Opportunities to meet your new classmates
- Information on what is means to be an FDU Devil
Amazing late night activities including:
- Mario Kart
- Giant Jenga
- Inflatable Obstacle Course
- and much more!
New Student Orientation is expected to end around 2 PM on Day Two.
Step 1: Register!
Use our online registration form to let us know you are attending and who you will bring.
Step 2: Schedule Planning Guides
After you register for the new student orientation, be sure to complete a Schedule Guide. The course scheduling guide is likely the most important form you will fill out before orientation. We use this form to create your personalized fall course schedule. Carefully read the directions and fill out the form in its entirety. If you have any questions while filling out the guide, please contact your college's advising office. Finally, in order to guarantee that you receive your schedule during orientation, please submit the guide by May 15. The sooner the better.
Step 3: Pack
What to Bring
- Bedding: pillows, sheets (twin extra-long) and blanket or sleeping bag
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.)
- Change of clothes
- Towels and washcloths
- Medical forms
- Money for vending machines
- Bathing suit and beach towel
What NOT to Bring
- Alcohol or drugs
- Overnight guests
Step 4: Welcome to the Florham Campus
We look forward to meeting you this summer.