The mission of Fairleigh Dickinson University Community Standards is to support the mission of FDU through the implementation of the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct, a due-process judicial system, intervention programs and educational programs/sanctions.
Through outreach and education to the University community, community standards strives to make FDU a positive living and learning environment. In addition, community standards will:
- Develop, disseminate, interpret and enforce campus regulations.
- Protect the rights of students (as stated in the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct.
- Advocate for and refer student concerns appropriately.
- Facilitate and encourage respect for the University community.
- Develop, implement and encourage educational programs and activities that serve to prevent violations through active learning.
- Maintain student records in the Dean of Students Office as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Respond to all matters and issues in a manner that upholds the ethical standards of the profession and all appropriate federal and state laws.
In a learning community, it is imperative to have policies, rules and regulations established to protect the rights of every student and to ensure the orderly operation of the University