Referrals and Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
No matter what problems you are dealing with, depression is treatable and suicide is preventable. By calling 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.
- SAMHSA's National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
This helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.
- New Jersey Mental Health Cares: 1-866-202-HELP (4357)
Call this number for free, confidential mental health information and referrals. Help when you need it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 2NDFLOOR: 1-888-222-2228
2NDFLOOR is a confidential and anonymous helpline for New Jersey's youth and young adults. They are there to help you find solutions to the problems that you face and are available 24/7 365 days a year.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after any natural or human-caused disaster. Call this toll-free number to be connected to the nearest crisis center for information, support, and counseling.
- GLBT National Youth Talkline: 1-800-246-7743
The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Talkline provides telephone, online private one-to-one chat and email peer-support, as well as factual information and local resources for cities and towns across the United States. Hours: Monday thru Friday from 4pm to midnight, Saturday from noon to 5pm.
- National Sexual Assault 24-hour Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
A free and confidential hotline for victims of sexual assault.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
A free and confidential hotline for victims of domestic violence.