Eleven Global Scholars recently embarked on a historic trip to vibrant and creative Cuba. They toured Havana, visited author Ernest Hemingway's home, and met with college students at University of Matanzas.
In honor of Black History Month, the Smithsonian Channel screened its new documentary, "Legend of Lead Belly," about the eponymous folk and blues musician at the Metropolitan Campus this February.
WFDU FM 89.1, the University's on-campus radio station, is doubling its coverage area with a new transmitter and tripling its programming with new HD channels starting this summer.
CNN senior political analyst David Gergen visited the Florham Campus for a Q-and-A. He discussed Hillary vs. Jeb in 2016, the next generation of leaders and America as a world power.
The Peter Sammartino School of Education fuels a love of reading in first grade students through the sixth annual Mayor's Book Club. The initiative brings mayors into Bergen County classrooms and promotes literacy.
Emmy Award-winning Univisión anchor Merijoel Durán studies in the Puerta al Futuro program at the Metropolitan Campus while also volunteering in her community and parenting her three children.
In the News
- The Backgrounder: Poll director Krista Jenkins on Common Core and PARCC
- Commerce Magazine: FDU President Sheldon Drucker talks diversity
- NJ Spotlight: Alum Adenah Bayoh on IHOP, investments and the Fed
- NJ 101.5: Pharmacy Dean Michael Alvaltroni warns against new drug
- Asbury Park Press: Prof. Krista Jenkins on Gov. Christie and the White House
- NorthJersey.com: Dean Kenneth Vehrkens on companies leaving NJ
- NorthJersey.com: Knights men's basketball bouncing back
- Huffington Post: Assoc. Prof. Khyati Joshi on the swastika in the Hindu faith
- CBS New York: Battling binge drinking through education at Florham