As we celebrate Commencement at MetLife Stadium on May 17, take a moment to get to know the Class of 2016 as a whole, and meet some of its standout individuals.
VIDEO: In anticipation of Commencement 2016, we asked students at the Metropolitan Campus (and Florham, too!): “What will you miss most about FDU?”
VIDEO: Here's a Grad Greetings sneak peek from students at FDU's Florham Campus (students at the Metro Campus filmed theirs, too!). Congrats to all our 2016 graduates!
Shi (Porter) Yang is a triple threat — he’s studying political science, criminology and sociology and will receive his BA on May 17 — he speaks Mandarin, Taiwanese and English, and has lived in Taiwan, Australia and the U.S. As the Florham Student Pinnacle Award recipient, Yang is one of the three student speakers who will address the Class of 2016.
On and off the soccer field, Katelyn Arathoon racks up victories, including her latest — being selected as the Metropolitan Campus Student Pinnacle Award recipient. At home in Canada, the honors student coaches and inspires young female soccer players. Now, Arathoon, who will receive her BS in biology, summa cum laude, is ready to inspire her fellow grads, too.
Laura Rodriguez Romero speaks fluent Spanish and English. She knows French, and is learning Portuguese. The multilingual native of Colombia puts her words to good use come Commencement 2016, as Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Vancouver Campus Pinnacle Award recipient. She will graduate with her BS in business administration.
In the News
- The Associated Press: Christie's bet on Trump pays off
- The Good Men Project: When Mom saved us from the Nazis
- NorthJersey.com: Jobs market brighter for new college graduates
- NorthJersey.com: Dreary weather, with a mood to match
- Iris.xyz: 11 financial lessons to my younger self
- Essence: Meet Balanda Atis, L’Oreal’s Women Of Color Lab manager
- Harvard Business Review: Even the thought of earning less than their wives changes how men behave
- Academic Minute: Krista Jenkins, Political differences between mothers and daughters