Martha Papson Garcia joins FDU's Office of Veterans Services as its new outreach director. "There's no greater honor than to help our veterans transfer their skills to civlian life," says Garcia, a veteran herself.
FDU commemorated Veterans Day 2016 with flag ceremonies at both New Jersey campuses and by marching down Fifth Avenue in America's Parade, the annual New York City Veterans Day parade.
Broadway legend Martin Charnin recently visited the Florham Campus and held a master class for musical theater students, giving tips and sharing anecdotes from his long career in stage and film.
Interning at Disney and 20th Century Fox had its perks for Florham Campus senior Linor Nulman, including developing social media marketing campaigns and attending red carpet premieres.
A conversation with Kevin Celisca, BS'14
"FDU changed my life," says accounting alumnus, Kevin Celisca. He shares how he traveled the world with FDU, working with Native Americans in Arizona, studying in Italy, and teaching English in China.
Thanksgiving through the eyes of chemists
Students explore the chemistry of a variety of Thanksgiving dinners, from the traditional turkey spread to Spanish rice dishes, learning about the roles food plays as energy sources and building materials.
In the News
- Politico: Governor Christie's approval hits record low
- CentralJersey.com: Alum Greg Olsen wants to inspire others to believe in themselves
- The Washington Post: What Thomas Hobbes can tell us about Donald Trump and conflicts of interest
- Politico: No, Donald Trump, torture doesn't work
- The New York Times: Telescope that ‘ate astronomy’ is on track to surpass Hubble
- The Christian Science Monitor: After election, some Americans seek news from the other side
- NJ.com: Bridgewater educator named nation's best middle school English teacher