Academic Convocation 2009
Summary information on all the day's honorees is available in the Convocation Press Release.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Convocation Address
- Introduction of New Faculty
Presentation of Presidential Medals
- Senator Loretta Weinberg
- Assemblyman Gordon M. Johnson
- Assemblywoman Valerie Vainieri Huttle
- Presentation of University Distinguished Faculty Awards
- Presentation of Pillars of the University Awards
- Presidential Citations
- Closing Remarks
President Adams' address, on the occasion of his tenth anniversary as University President, is entitled Reflection and Renewal: Two Decades of FDU. It reviews FDU's past decade 1999-2009 and looks forward to the coming decade 2009-2019, challenging us to "continue the journey." The text of the address is included at the President's web pages.
Especially for members of the FDU community in Wroxton and Vancouver, and others who were not able to attend this year's Academic Convocation in person, the event was available via video streaming over the World Wide Web. The archive videos of the event are available for viewing: President's Address and Awards Presentations.