Hotel Restaurant and Tourism Degree with Wyndham Worldwide
Jessica Batha is the founder of Adora Sessions, a creation that combines her talents to help others to shine the light that is in their hearts through; movement, yoga, dance, massage, and aromatherapy. Jessica is currently a guest artist at East Stroudsburg University choreographing and teaching classes for the University Dance Company. Jessica also teaches for Fairleigh Dickinson University through the Petrocelli College for Adult Learners.
Jessica attended the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University, where she received her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Performing Arts Dance, and her Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science. While living in New Brunswick, NJ, she danced with the modern dance company, University DanceWorks. Jessica interned with the Harkness Center for Dance Injury at the Hospital For Joint Diseases in NYC and has taught abroad at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
Jessica earned her Masters of Arts and Teaching degree at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Jessica received her massage training at the Health Options Institute in Bethlehem, PA. She taught dance in the public schools of Franklin Township in Somerset New Jersey for 10 years. Jessica directed the summer arts program at the Somerset County Vocational High School for several years, and choreographed the school musicals for the East Brunswick High School drama club.
Jessica also instructs and advises fitness at the Slate Belt YMCA in Pen Argyl, PA and teaches yoga at Boundless Yoga Studio in Stroudsburg. She is a certified personal trainer and a certified massage therapist in Deep Tissue and Reiki level II.
She resides in Washington Township with her amazing husband and two beautiful children
- MAT, FDU May 2002
- BFA, BS, Rutgers, May 1997
- Certified Parenting Coach, INCAF, November 2011
- CPT AFAA April 2008
- CMT, Health Options Institute, May 2006
- Holds a certificate in; NJ Elementary Education Classroom K-8, NJ Physical Education K-12, NJ Vocational Arts/Dance Grades K-12, DEA (Dance Educator of America), NDA (National Dance Association)
Grants and Awards
- Panel for the ACES (Arts Create Excellent Schools) foundation and earned a $10,00.00 grant to interweave dance into the classroom curriculum
- $1,000.00 Franklin Township mini grant arts
- Global Challenge (online), Modern Cultural History, The American Experience, Professional Communications, Professional Presentations, Perspectives of the Individual, Cross Cultural Perspectives, The Scientific Study of Yoga in the Modern World