Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
Gildart Haase School of Computer Sciences & Engineering
Hong Zhao received the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. from Taiyuan University of Technology, Xian Jiaotong University, and New Jersey Institute of Technology, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. She is an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, US. Her research interests include multimedia streaming over networks, cross-layer design for wireless networks, digital signal processing and network steganography and steganalysis. She has served as a TPC member, technical paper reviewer and book reviewer for IEEE conferences, journal magazines and book publishers. She also serves as Chair of the IEEE North Jersey Computer Society Chapter.
- Data Communications and Networks II (INFO4102)
- Computer Communication Networks (EENG7737)
- Communication Systems (EENG4341)
- Embedded System Design (EENG7709)
- Logic System Design (EENG7701)
- Computer Architecture (CSCI6603)
- Senior Honor Research (HON4402)
- Senior Honor Thesis (HON4401)
- Data Communications & Computer Networking (EENG 4800)
- Digital System Design (ENGR2286)
- Programming Languages in Engineering (ENGR 1204)
In the course EENG7737, OPNET will be used to simulate Ethernet CSMA/CD, Routing algorithms, TCP/IP, and network applications performance analysis.
- Hong Zhao, Yun. Q. Shi and Nirwan Ansari, “Steganography in Streaming Multimedia over Network”, Transaction on Multimedia Security LNCS 7110, pp.96-114, 2012.
- Patchara Sutthiwan1, Yun Q. Shi, Hong Zhao, Tian-Tsong Ng3, and Wei Su, “Markovian Rake Transform for Digital Image Tampering Detection”, Transaction on Data Hiding and Multimedia Security, LNCS 6730, PP.1-17, 2011.
- Hong Zhao and Nirwan Ansari, “Wavelet Transform Based Network Traffic Prediction: -- Fast On-line Approach”, accepted by Journal of Computing and Information Technology.
- Hong Zhao and Yun Q. Shi,“Detecting Covert Channels in Computer Networks based on Chaos Theory”, submitted to IEEE Transaction on Information Forensics and Security.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari, and Yun Q. Shi,“Network traffic prediction by using Least Mean Kurtosis” IEICE Transactions on Communications. VOL.E-B89, NO.5 May 2006.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari and Yun Q. Shi, “Delay guaranteed bandwidth allocation for real time videos”, IEE Proceedings on Communication, vol. 151,issue 6, pp. 553-558, Dec. 2004.
- Nirwan Ansari, Hai Liu, Yun Q. Shi, and Hong Zhao,“Dynamic bandwidth allocation for VBR video transmission”, Journal of Computing and Information Technology, vol. 4, pp. 309-317, Nov. 2003.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari and Yun Q. Shi,“Efficient predictive bandwidth allocations for real time videos”, IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E-86-B, No. 1, Jan. 2003, pp. 443-450.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari and Yun Q. Shi, “Transmission of real time video over IP Differentiated service”, IEE Electronics Letters, Sep. 2002, vol. 38, pp. 1151-1153.
- Nirwan Ansari, Hai Liu, Yun Q. Shi and Hong Zhao,“On modeling MPEG video traffics”, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. Dec. 2002, vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 337-352.
- Hong Zhao and Nirwan Ansari,“Cross-Layer Design for Multimedia Streaming over 802.11e Networks”, IEEE WTS 2011(Wireless Telecommunication Symposium), New York City, Apr.13-15, 2011.
- Hong Zhao and Yun Q. Shi,“a Phase-Space Reconstruction Method to Detect Covert Channels in TCP/IP Protocols”, IEEE WIFS2010 (Workshop on Information Forensics and Security), Seattle, Dec. 12-15, 2010.
- Hong Zhao, Yun Q. Shi and Nirwan Ansari,“Hiding Data in Multimedia Streaming over Networks”, CNSR (8th Communication Networks and Services Research), Montreal, Canada, May 11-14, 2010.
- Hong Zhao, “Multiscale Analysis and Prediction of Self-similar Traffic”, IPCCC 2009 (28th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communication Conference), Dec. 14-16, Phoenix, AZ.
- Hong Zhao,“A Practical Wavelet Domain LMK Algorithm for Predicting Multimedia Traffic”, International Conference on Communications2008 (ICC2008), May 22, Beijing, China.
- Hong Zhao,“Selective Encryption for MPEG-4 FGS videos” DESIRT 2006 (1ST International Conference on Design Science Research in Information System and Technology) February 24-25, 2006, Claremont, CA.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari and Yun Q. Shi,“Layered MPEG Video Transmission over DiffServ,” Proc. of International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing (ITCCï¿½05), Las Vegas, Apr. 2005, pp. 63-67.
- Hong Zhao,“QoS provisioning in multimedia streaming”, NCE (Newark College of Engineering) POSTER Apr. 2004.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari and Yun Q. Shi,“Self-similar traffic prediction using Least Mean Kurtosis,” Proc. of International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing (ITCC-03), Las Vegas, Apr. 2003, pp. 352-355.
- Hong Zhao,“ Efficient bandwidth Prediction for video transmission” CIE-USA POSTER Sep. 2003
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan Ansari and Yun Q. Shi,“A fast non-linear adaptive algorithm for video traffic prediction”, Proc. of International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing (ITCC-02), Las Vegas, pp. 54-58, Apr. 2002.
- Hong Zhao, Nirwan. Ansari and Yun Q. Shi, “Bandwidth prediction for real time video delivery”, Proc. of the 36th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS-02), Princeton, Mar. 20-22, pp. 527-531.
Gildart Haase School of Computer Sciences and Engineering
Mail Stop T-MU1-01
1000 River Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 692-2350 (O)
(201) 692-2130 (F)