Lecturer, Silberman College of Business, Department of Entrepreneurship
email@example.com or 908 866 1366
Interests, courses taught:
Current Courses I Teach
I teach Family Business Management Courses. Having 30 years experience working in a large family business I suggest you check out each course. If you are in a family business OR thinking about it, then this course is for you. Learn why 85% fail before the 3rd generation.
Turning Customer Service into Customer Delight: NASFT, www.nasft.org
- Import, Growing Your Specialty Foods Business: NASFT, www.nasft.org
- Effective Trade Promotions for Specialty Foods Brands: NASFT webinar, www.nasft.org
- Overview of a Business Plan: Small Business Development Center; Spring 2010. www.sbdcrvcc.com
Professional Areas of Expertise
- Retail Food Industry / Specialty Food Industry
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Retail Food Marketing / Retail Marketing
- Family Business Wealth Transition
Credentials, capsule biography:
Celentano & Company. I work with Entrepreneurs and Family businesses in businesses concept development, business planning, business finance, strategic planning, conflict resolution, succession planning, encompassing all of the elements for a sustainable food business. View my web site at www.domenickcelentano.com.
Co-founder of FoodBevXpert™ LLC. An organization providing entrepreneurial Mentoring as well as Professional Educational Forums tailored to the specialty food industry.
I have been teaching as an Adjunct Professor in The Entrepreneurship Department at Fairleigh Dickinson University for the past 3 years. My courses are Management of Small Business and Family Business Management. I have been a Mentor In Residence at The Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship .
I have a BS in Business Administration from Montclair State University. My MBA is from St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA. I am currently working toward a Post Masters Certificate in Retail Food Marketing at St. Joseph's University.
I held key executive positions in my family business, Celentano Bros., Inc, creating the 2nd largest national brand in the Italian prepared foods category. The company is best known for the Celentano brand of Italian Frozen Pastas and Prepared Meals (its flagship product, the round Ravioli).
As Vice President and then President, I developed and managed a National Sales Force • Developed a national network of over 30 brokers • Developed and introduced over 40 items and line extensions • Development and implementation of a unique clean room production process • Managed Public Relations culminating in six national television features and over 100 print articles.
Publications, press mentions:
View all of my articles at www.domenickcelentano.com. Here are a few examples:
- NJBiz Cutting The Career Apron Strings
- NJBiz: The Sell Hold Decisions in Closely Held Companies
- Reboot, Reset and Respond; Running Your Business Today in the New Normal
- Hig Performance Teams in Family Business
- Interview: The “Third Place” by Mike Michalowicz
- Associated Press Foodmakers plan ad campaigns in bad economy
- Associated Press Hunger For Food Gifts Grows
- The Daily Record: Specialty Foods Marketing; It's not just about the Product
- Others: NY Times Your The Boss, Business Week Entrepreneur, CNN, Bloomberg Television