Assistant Professor of Management
Research and Consulting
· Electronic commerce and electronic markets
· Computer-mediated communications
· Group decision-making and groupware
· Virtual classroom
· Software engineering and user satisfaction
· Information technologies and their organizational impact
· Re-engineering and Integrated Systems and IT
· Strategic Information Systems
· Organizational support to Small and Medium Firms: Use of the Balanced Scorecard; training and coaching in the use of Information Technologies (Electronic Commerce, Internet as a Marketing Tool, Telecommuting, GSS)
· Assessment of firm profitability for companies in the oil distribution industrial sector: Analysis of cost structures in the light of new economic conditions. Evaluation of the economic impact that different cost components have on a firm's ability to yield revenues. Design, development and implementation of a computer-based system aimed at facilitating cost control and sensitivity analysis.
· Evaluation of the procurement unit of a private college: Policies, procedures, and control mechanisms. Design, development and implementation of a computer-based system to support this organizational procurement unit.
· Designing a new organization for a Venezuelan public agency: Evaluation of the IS function, and proposal for its restructuring.
· Coordination of a work team assembled to design, develop and implement a computer-based system for the control of housing solutions assignment and mortgage payment collection for a Venezuelan public agency
· Definition of standards, policies, and procedures; design of a master IS plan to satisfy the information needs of a Venezuelan public agency's, specifying reference terms for the outsourcing of projects such as LAN installation, development and implementation of an MIS.
· Coordination of a work team assembled to design, develop and implement a computer-based system to control the project life cycle of an IDB-sponsored plan (PROVIS: Social Interest Housing Pilot Project) to furnish low-income families with housing facilities.
· Benefit/cost evaluation of firms in the fuel transportation industry. Design, development and implementation of a computer-based system to study different cost structures.
· Business administration educational programs in Latin America: An evaluation of the current status, emphasizing the identification of areas with potential for collaborative efforts and research
· Models to predict professional performance and career paths of young professionals entering an organization in the oil industry. Design and development of a computer-supported model to simulate performance scenarios.
· Assessing the information needs of a town located in a fuel exploration area: Determination of technical requirements
· Analysis of different cost structures for firms in the oil distribution sector: Design, development and implementation of a computer-based system to aid in such analyses.
· Use of managerial simulation models as a teaching aid: Simulation models by functional areas; and, integrative models. An evaluation of the potential use of such models in graduate and executive training courses.
Department of Management,
Marketing & Information Systems
The Samuel J. Silberman
College of Business Administration
2224 Dickinson Hall
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Mail code: H-DH2-06
Phone (201) 692-7284
Fax (201) 692-7219