Fairleigh Dickinson University's 71st Commencement took place on May 20, 2014. At Storify, social media links to Commencement are aggregrated in FDU Commencement 2014.
Grad Greetings: Members of the Class of 2014 recorded video messages for their family, friends, classmates, teachers and others who made a difference while they were at FDU. Recorded in Spring 2014, the video greetings were played on the IZOD Center display screens before the processional.
Complete Video of Commencement: Commencement was streamed live on the World Wide Web, and archived video can be viewed at The event was webcast live, and the complete video recording of the event beginning with the Procession of the Graduates is available online.
Text Messages: In the weeks and days before Commencement, graduates, family and friends were invited to compose messages of congratulations and thanks to be displayed during the ceremony. The majority but not all of the messages received were able to be displayed, but all the approved messages are listed here.
Honorary Degree Recipients
Student Pinnacle Award Recipients
Photography taken during the Commencement ceremony, including candid shots, will be available after the day of the ceremony. [read more]
Commencement-related feature stories
- The letter of the law: From B.S. to J.D.
- From ESL to MBA, Guatemalan-style
- Infographics: FDU’s Class of 2014
- Oh, the places you’ll go: graduating senior Angel Menendez travels the world
- Leader of the pack Rohan Maheshwari graduates from FDU and SGA
- Graduating senior Beatrice Nyantakyi does double duty
- Pomp and circumstance: Alumni advice to grads (Part II)
- Pomp and circumstance: Alumni advice to grads (Part I)