Resources for Transition to College for Students with Learning Disabilities
Planning for college is a complex process for students, their parents, and their teachers. For students with a learning disability, it is even more important to begin the process early, to become informed as to options and potential difficulties, and to work with education professionals at both the secondary and postsecondary levels.
Selected Web Resources
The following are just a few of the many web resources available on transition to college and students with learning disabilities.
- College Preparation Resources for Students
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- HEATH Center an Online Clearinghouse on Postsecondary Education for Individuals with Disabilities:
- Office for Civil Rights: Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Learning Outside the Lines, by Jonathan Mooney and David Cole
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck