Welcome to the Regional Center for Learning Disabilities
March 21 Event Rescheduled
The Florham Campus Info Session and presentation on Metacognitive Strategies originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 PM has been rescheduled for May 9 at 6:30 PM, room to be determined.
Upcoming Information Sessions for Parents and Students
Throughout the year, the Regional Center for Learning Disabilities hosts one-hour sessions offering helpful information about its programs and application process.
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Regional Center, Robison Hall, Fifth Floor
RSVP: Barbara Byrnes 201-692-2716 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Session, Wednesday, April 18 at 6:30 PM
- Information Session, Wednesday, May 2 at 10 AM
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Sarah Sullivan Lounge, Hennessy Hall (The Mansion)
RSVP: Mary Hebert 973-443-8981 or email@example.com
- Information Session, Thursday, April 19 at 10 AM
- Information Session, Thursday, May 3 at 10 AM
- Metacognitive Strategies, Wednesday, May 9 at 6:30 PM
Regional Center Application: Fillable Format
- Instructions for the Regional Center Application Form (PDF)
- Part One: Application Form (PDF)
- Part Two: Teacher Assessment Forms (PDF)
- Comprehensive professional support at no cost to students with a language-based learning disability enrolled at both our Metropolitan and Florham campuses during their undergraduate career.
- Structured plan of intensive academic support and counseling services tailored to the unique learning needs of each student.
- Staffed by a Director, Learning Specialists with expertise in learning disabilities/content areas, and a Professional Counselor.
- Typical freshman receives up to four support sessions a week per semester, sophomores three supports a semester, juniors and seniors one or two supports per semester.
- A three-credit Metacognitive Strategies/Assistive Technology course taught by Regional Center staff and a half-hour counseling session each week.
- A typical Regional Center student has an outstanding record of success and is an active participant in all areas of college life.
Metropolitan Campus (Teaneck)
Barbara A. Byrnes, MA, Director
Florham Campus (Madison)
Mary Hebert, Director