Transfer Student Admissions
Fairleigh Dickinson University welcomes applications from students with previous college experience. The transfer application process is fast, easy, and tailored specifically for students with advanced standing. Fairleigh Dickinson University offers personalized attention and academic advisement to make each student's transition process, whether from a community college or another four-year institution, as seamless as possible. If you are thinking of transferring to one of our campuses, we encourage you to apply as early as possible before your anticipated term of enrollment, but no later than April 1 (Summer term), July 15 (Fall term) or December 15 (Spring term).*
Your application will be considered based on the strength of the college-level courses you have completed and your cumulative grade point average. Your high school transcripts may also be used to develop a composite of your qualifications.
To apply for admission, please send the Office of Undergraduate Admissions the following:
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission and a $40 non-refundable application fee. NOTE: If you file an online application, this fee is waived.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and high schools attended (with your application or separately). If you have earned 24 or more college credits, you do not need to submit high school transcripts unless requested by the Office of Admissions.
* Note: Due to the fact that clinical rotations begin only in the fall, Fairleigh Dickinson University cannot accept nursing applications for the Spring Semester.
How to Apply
- Complete an online application (Fee waived).
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities to:
Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Rd., H-DH3-10
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Students applying with less than 24 college credits will need to submit official high school transcripts and standardized (SAT or ACT) test scores.
When to Submit an Application
- Applications for admission may be submitted for the fall semester, spring semester, winter session or summer sessions.
- Applications for admission are processed on a rolling basis; therefore, students are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity to allow ample time to complete the application process.
Important Transfer Admissions Information
Transfer Credits & Credit Evaluations
Admissible transfer students will receive a credit evaluation shortly after begin accepted. Credit evaluations advise students as to which credits have been accepted from previous college/universities towards their academic program of study at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Students applying from a 2-year school can transfer a maximum of 64 credits while students applying from a 4-year college/university can transfer up to 96 credits.
Transfer Merit Scholarships
All admissible full-time transfer applicants are automatically considered for merit scholarships. Merit scholarships are awarded based on the student's cumulative collegiate GPA. Awards range between $10,000 and $14,000 annually.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Phi Theta Kappa members who graduate from a regionally accredited 2-year institution with an associate's degree automatically qualify for a $16,000 scholarship (renewable for up to four semesters). Applicants must provide proof of PTK membership at the time they submit an application.
Need-Based Financial Aid
All students are encouraged to file a FAFSA in order to be considered for need-based aid. Qualifying students may receive both merit and need-based aid.
Are You an International Transfer?
International Students and Americans Residing Abroad
Please use International Admissions Application Forms.
Please use Vancouver Campus Admissions Application Forms.
Community College Transfer Students
Fairleigh Dickinson University has articulation agreements with a number of New Jersey community colleges. Prospective community college transfer students are encouraged to contact the transfer counselor at their home college for more information.
Contact an Admissions Counselor